Aprilia owners (winners) in here

Associate
If it helps I am running the Akra slip on with decat on the standard ecu and it runs fine and has lots of pops and flames on overrun :D Its even in for warranty work at the minute and they don't seem to care.

I will be getting the Race ECU over winter hopefully.

It has an oil leak at the rear cylinder head.. pretty common problem. They replaced the gasket but now it's coming out the spark plug galley... waiting for an update.

Ah that's fair enough, I know a few do (on Aprilia forums) and don't have probs. Friend of mine has the AR GP1R without the Race ECU on his RSV4, but if he rides it twice a year that's too much so I can't use him as a yardstick.

Shame you're having issues with yours, that's the only other problem with Aprilia, small Italian outfit that take months to ship over any parts when needed, hopefully they'll sort yours out with minimum fuss.

Associate
Here's my 2006 ETV 1000 Caponord, just over 40k miles on it. In the last 2 years I've replaced the reg/rec, fuel line connectors, chain and sprockets, refurbed rear suspension linkage, fitted Oxford heated grips, Hyperpro springs, Givi topbox and currently rebuilding the front wheel, but otherwise it's all original ;)

Couple of photos from last winter, first is the result of a couple of weeks commuting:
capo_pre.jpg

And after it had the allyearbiker treatment:
capo_post.jpg

Associate
A snap of my pride and joy on day 1 of my two week (4000 mile) tour of France through Spain back in August this year. It was absolutely the perfect machine to attack the Spanish mountain roads.

123p3k5.jpg

And one of the departed Tuono R prior to the 1100
5nmcnr.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I've owned my Gen 1 since 2004. It still hustles with modern tackle on the road and the noise it makes is sublime. It's been tweaked a bit - Evoluzione Airkit, Forza FR200 EPROM, Renegade 2-2 stainless exhaust system. Throttle bodies set up by the great man himself - Griff at Aprilia Performance. Bodywork changed slightly, its a 2000MY but I have a 2001 onwards tail unit and top fairing on it now. HID dipped conversion and LED high beams. Some recent pics:-

gazrsv1.jpg

gazrsv2.jpg

IMG_2136.jpg

IMG_2144.jpg

liamrsv2.jpg

liamrsv1.jpg

2milles1.jpg

Soldato
Cheers dudes. :cool:

I retire in 4 years time. I'm looking at treating myself to something like a 1299 Panigale or the curveball will be an MV F4RR. Not made my mind up yet.

One thing is for certain though, the auld girl will be staying with me. I ain't giving up my Mille. ;)

Soldato
I'm sure this only started when it got cold, every single time I start the bike up, the first time I try to pull off it stalls.

Yesterday I waited until the temp read 55degrees and it still did it, the sidestand was definitely not down. It seems to pull forward slightly with the clutch pulled in too, but only when I first start it up.

Usually it's when I click down to first gear but sometimes it's when I've started to move off.

Back
Top Bottom