Aquacomputer Aqualis Pro/XT Res

Associate
Managed to get a good deal on one of these lately but haven't put it in the loop yet. It a strange way of pumping the water through a pipe in middle and out of small holes in the top of the res, called the 'fountain effect'.

My initial though is that this will add a lot of air into the water, when compared to a traditional lower filled res, or a tube that goes ~3cm into the liquid at the top. What do you guys think?

Soldato
"A thin acrylic plate near to the bottom of the reservoir reduces air ingestion to a minimum. Alternatively, the return line can be connected to a lateral connector of the reservoir, the water then exits directly from the base part. For this configuration, a deflector plate included in delivery can be installed to effectively remove air from the water circuit."
It seems odd, but Aquacomputer generally know their stuff, so I'd certainly give it a go.

Associate
OP
It seems odd, but Aquacomputer generally know their stuff, so I'd certainly give it a go.
Yeah I saw that you could use the 2nd port at the bottom as an inlet rather than pumping it to the top of the res.

I did wonder what the acrylic plate was for. At least its something :)

They do know there stuff, but it is an older res so times may have changed since it was built.

Soldato
They do know there stuff, but it is an older res so times may have changed since it was built.
Keeping air out of a water-based heat exchange loop is not exactly a new concept, though... the Victorians were well-versed in such matters and I doubt AC have been making PC watercoolers that long!

It's also not the first res to have a 'waterfall feature' to it. Raijintek and FrozenQ both have such things and I'm sure either EKWB or Alphacool did one, as well.

Back
Top Bottom