Arabic/Persian under-respresention in the martial arts

Soldato
To be perfectly honest here, most martial arts although old have grown and increased in popularity over the years, over the last 100 years Europe has seen many changes to boxing (i.e gloves), Japan has seen modernization of stuff like Judo/Karate/etc, and many other countries have seen their fighting styles flower and grow.

By comparison most of the middle east has spent the majority of the post WW2 era defending itself against the USA/USSR/Israel and their puppets, why practice and evolve martial arts when your at war, just stab/shoot the guy. And lets not forget if your living in a dictatorship they are not usually too fond of the unarmed masses training themselves in unarmed combat.

Soldato
No, there are plenty of martial arts from around that part of the world. If you mean do they have lots of showy impractical flashy moves types of martial arts then I guess not but that's hardly something to be critical of. Krav maga originates in Slovakia anyway not Israel - might have been made widespread there but doesn't change the fact. It would be like saying karate is American if there were more practitioners there than Japan.

Last edited:
Associate
All Jews in the world have citizenship rights of Israel by default through the right of return, so the Jewish diaspora as a whole is basically a nation.

Israel is a racial state for Jews and an apartheid state at that, yet they receive no UN sanctions. It seems not only do your accept their racial state but you also class their diaspora as part of their expansionist empire. Are Chinese in London part of China then? Get out of your indoctrinated Jewish double-think.

Krav maga is really a mix of existing martial arts. You don't hear nations laying claim to MMA apart from this 'Israeli' discipline. It has nothing to do with the Arabs either.

Soldato
Israel is a racial state for Jews and an apartheid state at that, yet they receive no UN sanctions. It seems not only do your accept their racial state but you also class their diaspora as part of their expansionist empire. Are Chinese in London part of China then? Get out of your indoctrinated Jewish double-think.

Krav maga is really a mix of existing martial arts. You don't hear nations laying claim to MMA apart from this 'Israeli' discipline. It has nothing to do with the Arabs either.

^ I agree with him ^

Not because I understand what he or anyone else is talking about, but because he's called Guile and this is about fighting, so.

Associate
Ever noticed that middle eastern types don't seem to have any martial arts?

Asia - kung fu, ninjas, karate, taekwondo, aikido... ad nausuem
Europe - boxing, various wrestlings, that french kick boxing, fencing, pistol dueling
South America - capoera
Jews - krav maga
India - yoga?

Middle East - nothing

We have wrestling, Iraqis, Iranian and Turkish are the most powerful people in wrestling.

Back
Top Bottom