1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arcade High Scores!

Discussion in 'Retro Gaming and Vintage Computing' started by Spacedeck, May 17, 2020.

1. Spacedeck

Mobster

Anyone interested? The idea is you can play any game you wish, use as many coins as you wish to finish the game (or if you don't finish but give me your score, I will add whatever score you got to the list) and I can keep a top 10 scores for each game played in the OP. If you wanted, maybe post in a spoiler tag a picture of the score you got.

I don't know how many of you guys play arcade but I've just started and I thought it could be interesting to try and beat each others scores. So I'll start the ball rolling and see if this takes off anywhere.

19XX: The War Against Destiny (Unlimited Credits)
    1. 3670719 (LV27) [Spacedeck]

[​IMG]

19XX: The War Against Destiny (1 Credit Only)
    1. 414300 [cee-S-dee]
    2. 240800 [Spacedeck]

[​IMG]

Frogger
    1. 7260 [Spacedeck]

Last edited: May 19, 2020
  2. cee-S-dee

Wise Guy

This is a pretty cool idea! I'll submit a score later today! One suggestion, i think its more of a challenge if we limit credits. I can see you used 19 credits for your score, Or have a separate section for 1 credit scores.

Last edited: May 17, 2020
  3. chroniclard

Capodecina

First tell me, what is arcade? :confused: :p

4. Spacedeck

Mobster

Them big machines you would find in an arcade :D, usually takes coins to play. Not the same as playing the games on system like MegaDrive. Many people build MAME cabinets and have their builds on this forum but I just run it on my PC. If you're still not sure and would like more info, add me on Steam if you have it; Spacedeck.

5. chroniclard

Capodecina

Ah right, MAME. Not tried that for a while! :)

6. Spacedeck

Mobster

I'm happy to limit to say 1 credit or have a separate leaderboard for it. The only reason I didn't suggest this is because I didn't find any way of seeing how many credits someone used? Where did you find out how many credits it took me? Also can these be viewed for each game as otherwise wouldn't it be hard to check scores are legit?

7. cee-S-dee

Wise Guy

The last 2 digits in your score represent credits used.. at least in Capcom games. I'm not sure how it works in others. Maybe a 1cc leader board would be a good inclusion.

8. Spacedeck

Mobster

Ok well if it's easy to figure out how many credits have been used, but if it isn't I suppose I'll just take someone's word for it on a particular game, I'm sure nobody will be out to cheat.

I've updated the OP to include a 1C leaderboard. I didn't know about that credit rule on Capcom games so going to go test that feature out before uploading my 1C attempt. :)

EDIT: Quick test is telling me that on the original credit used, score will be end in 00 but any additional credits added will up the last two digits. So after I died, I inserted my second credit and the two digits jumped to 01, then input my third credit and the score became 02. So going off this, it must mean my OP post used 20 credits (19 extra attempts after the initial 1C to start the game).

Last edited: May 17, 2020
  9. Spacedeck

Mobster

I made an attempt at Frogger. The good thing with this game is you can't continue, so only requires 1 leaderboard.

[​IMG]

So do we have any takers? :D

10. One Vision

Wise Guy

Ill have a pop at that Frogger, however i challenge anybody to beat me score wise on Double Dragon (1987) and Shao Lins Road (1985) for starters.

11. Spacedeck

Mobster

What score would that be? I'll have a go at these games tomorrow, I've never played either of them.

12. cee-S-dee

Wise Guy

My score for 1cc 19XX - 414300

[​IMG]

13. One Vision

Wise Guy

You never heard of the infamous double dragon? Come on man we’re you been

That frogger I’ve not touched yet as few things came up in last few days but I’ll be on it

14. ShiWarrior

Capodecina

:D

Double Dragon was my favourite back then

bought a megadrive just for this game many years ago, amiga, Atari ST etc too, MD was the best home version (except mame of course)

15. One Vision

Wise Guy

For me there was no home conversion that did the coin-op version justice, they didnt even come close.

That frogger score is no easy score to beat, quite hard tbh :)