Arcam Alpha 9 - help

Associate
Hi,

I've owned an Arcam Alpha 9 and pair of Acoustic Energy ae109's for some 20 odd years and have had them by-wired.

Having a new carpet put in I pulled the setup apart and stupidly didn't note how the cabling was implemented from the amp to the speakers.

I've just put the thing back together but its shorting out - so the power light is going to orange and the sound dies whilst playing music. This doesn't happen immediately but after say 15/30 seconds ish.

I've attached the wires as shown -

https://imgur.com/a/lPp1xIa

Could someone confirm if I have that correct? As I say the thing was fine before I moved it.

Thanks for any help

Associate
OP
Right I sussed it - seems I did have them incorrect. I changed it so the one speaker was driven by the four left hand side connectors on the amp - so two from SP1 and two from SP2.

It worked...I'm happy.

Thanks!

Soldato
Yes, initially you had the left and right channels connected to the LF and HF respectively on the speaker. :eek:

Glad you sorted it.

Soldato
If you had the speaker bridging plate on your speakers you would have blown your amp up.

I'd you didn't have the bridging plate in your be vetically biamp get your speakers, but the signal would be high range left low range right.

Back
Top Bottom