• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Shipped a lot more than that today alone for delivery tomorrow. One forum member already has posted his card up and even fitted a water block and several others confirming shipments :)

That's great and appreciate you're working late :)

Meanwhile a lot of us are close to freaking out with the lack of updates, site being bonkers, orders not matching advertised prices and ETA dates having no meaning to name a few.

What would be really useful is if you can give us some solid information on what's happening with our orders. After all it's not a small amount of money and OCUK's reputation is on the line.

Last edited:
Associate
The pre order dates were removed this afternoon but our site and IT has being under heavy strain resulting in certain parts of site not updating as quick as normal and is also having some glitches which seemed ironed out now and hopefully by morning all be sorted.

But I removed all dates around 16:00 today and it’s taken hours to update, IT being working on it and still are I believe.
so wait ? you wont get the card on 21th? i just pre ordered it cause of that date .... ?? if not can i get a refund? or what cards you have left if any ?

Associate
@Gibbo, appreciate you and colleagues have been very busy during these times.

just wanted to see if you have a idea when orders can expect to change from the “ new order payment waiting status”.

Cheers

Associate
Im sure plenty people be posting up tomorrow about recieving their deliveries.

This post made it clear prices would go up within minutes of launch and the prices did go up as suggested and most of the cards which were £650 are now £680-£690 a couple of above this but all prices still remain competitive with competitors who also moved prices up too because of the exact same situation as explained.

Just because you announce you are going to do something unpleasant before you do it, doesn't magically stop making it unpleasant. I like that some of the cards went up and have come back down a little by the way. Nice touch, gouge people (oh sorry it's that massively and rapidly swinging exchange rate in action again) trying to desperately order their cards whilst the website is having its issues. Worked out nicely didn't it!

Associate
yes the site was down so it was not updating properly and we won’t know more until tomorrow we have some cards due tomorrow and more next week so depending when you ordered eta may still be met

That's very concerning for a number of reasons, one being that my paypal has been charged the full amount and it still shows on my OC account as "awaiting payment staus" and also because the order was based on an ETA which wasn't accurate at the time of ordering (I understand the site was down and not updating but still, that's an irrelevance when it comes to the situation of me ordering based on the ETA advertised and the law around when products must be delivered after taking payment from a consumer, irrespective of dates or ETAs.)

I will wait and see what happens tomorrow and see what updates you give out.

Associate
Little jealous of people who managed to order the Asus TUF for £649. Mine just said "available soon" the whole time until it appeared for £698.99 later.

Hopefully managed to nab the Gigabyte Eagle OC for £649, but my order is also at the "awaiting payment status stage".

The Asus TUF seems to have the best cooler out of any of the models below £800 at current pricing.

Gigabyte Eagle seems to be 2nd best, only let down by aggressive fans at stock. So it keeps cool, but is louder than it needs to be.

Associate
yes the site was down so it was not updating properly and we won’t know more until tomorrow we have some cards due tomorrow and more next week so depending when you ordered eta may still be met

Will you be announcing who gets what order when tomorrow? Eg my payment is still "awaiting" but the money left my account. Will I get mine before someone that ordered an hour later but their payment went through first?

Man of Honour
Just for those who had their order stuck processing payment, mine just changed to "Order received - not yet shipped" so check your account. This was for the MSI Ventus

Associate
Just for those who had their order stuck processing payment, mine just changed to "Order received - not yet shipped" so check your account. This was for the MSI Ventus

Cheers, mines is still sitting in the payment scenario but its good to know the wheels are turning.

Associate
Is it even conceivable to think of getting a rtx 3080 with the low specs of my pc of asus 99 x deluxe 3.1 mobo. 32 gb ram, intel 5960X processor.lg oled cx 65" tv plus 32" gaming monitor.a TX 750watt PSU.

Associate
So, I ordered a 3080 with Amazon Pay. It went through, but I'm not seeing an address on any of the statements or emails, and if I go to my Overclockers account, the address on the account isn't complete (it's missing a few required entries). Will they just ship to the address on my Amazon Pay account? Or do I need to contact Overclockers?

Associate
I suppose i was a lucky one and completed my order on a zotec 3080 at 14:02 and mines is saying order received - not yet shipped (for Sunday delivery anyway) was surprised I manged to do it that quick before the servers craped themselves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom