• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
6700k my mannn...

There was a video done where they actually did their benchmarks using a 7700k I believe to see if indeed people with an older CPU would be bottle necked.
I remember the results looking pretty good to me though, I'll try and find the video if I can just can't recall who it was

1080P = bottlenecked with 6700k
1440P = small bottleneck
4k = tiny bottleneck

That said, 3080's are not 1080P cards, heck, they're overkill for 1440P unless you have a 240hz monitor. These are aimed at 4k.

Associate
6700k my mannn...

There was a video done where they actually did their benchmarks using a 7700k I believe to see if indeed people with an older CPU would be bottle necked.
I remember the results looking pretty good to me though, I'll try and find the video if I can just can't recall who it was

Same, I've got a 6700k from 4 years ago. In that video Call of Duty on a 7700k and a 3080 wasn't too great on 4 cores 8 threads compared to a 10900k @1440p but it's still a lot better than a 7700k and a 1080! Other games and anything at 4k the 6700k/7700k still stand up pretty well.

Associate
Has there been any information on the supply of MSI gaming trio? Haven't seen it mentioned anywhere. I think I'm 150 in the unofficial queue, I ordered at 14:34 but since there hasn't been any stock that I'm aware I can't even hazard a guess at when it will be shipped.

Associate
Has there been any information on the supply of MSI gaming trio? Haven't seen it mentioned anywhere. I think I'm 150 in the unofficial queue, I ordered at 14:34 but since there hasn't been any stock that I'm aware I can't even hazard a guess at when it will be shipped.

Nope, I'm 28th in line with another retailer and got this when I asked -

"Hello You are number 28 in the queue for this card, i cant guarantee it will be the first batch , quite possibly the second, we are doing our best to secure stock at the moment."

Associate
1080P = bottlenecked with 6700k
1440P = small bottleneck
4k = tiny bottleneck

That said, 3080's are not 1080P cards, heck, they're overkill for 1440P unless you have a 240hz monitor. These are aimed at 4k.

Kinda depends if you include Ultrawides they are still referred to as 1440p but drive more display horizonally at 3440x1440. But that's getting nitpicky, Ultrawide 3440x1440 and 4k I would consider a pretty good res for this card.

Associate
Would be nice to hear something about the msi gaming x trio I ordered at 14:28:00 unofficial queue 89.

Soldato
Just got off the phone to OcUK, really helpful lad. He said the queue figures should be emailed out to everyone tonight apparently. But just waiting to process a bunch more cancellations, presumably so everyone gets fairly accurate queue numbers.

Also said the 3080 total orders are a few thousand less than said here, so maybe 6-7k at most not 10-12k. Said the Asus, Gigabyte Eagle and MSI cards are most popular - queues overall are approx 1700 Asus, 1300 GB Eagle and 1700 MSI right now... :o

Palit/Zotac seem best atm getting stock to them. Today had approx 38 Zotac cards, 41 Palit (38 normals, only 3 oc models) and getting fairly daily deliveries.

Think he also mentioned getting 300+ MSI cards soon as well? Not sure if I misheard that, but pretty sure what's what he said.

Associate
Nope, I'm 28th in line with another retailer and got this when I asked -

"Hello You are number 28 in the queue for this card, i cant guarantee it will be the first batch , quite possibly the second, we are doing our best to secure stock at the moment."

That's a shame, it's strange, seems like the only card there has been zero details about.

Associate
Just got off the phone to OcUK, really helpful lad. He said the queue figures should be emailed out to everyone tonight apparently. But just waiting to process a bunch more cancellations, presumably so everyone gets fairly accurate queue numbers.

Also said the 3080 total orders are a few thousand less than said here, so maybe 6-7k at most not 10-12k. Said the Asus, Gigabyte Eagle and MSI cards are most popular - queues overall are approx 1700 Asus, 1300 GB Eagle and 1700 MSI right now... :o

Palit/Zotac seem best atm getting stock to them. Today had approx 38 Zotac cards, 41 Palit (38 normals, only 3 oc models)

Think he also mentioned getting 300+ MSI cards soon as well? Not sure if I misheard that, but pretty sure what's what he said.
Fingers crossed on the 300 cards

Caporegime
There were a lot lot more then 120 STRIX OC Orders... Only 120 people who ordered the Strix OC entered in the data to the form. Remember this is a community ran unofficial queue.. The official queue is coming out later this week

Not true as its only a sample of a 1000 buyers. It might be true that only 12 people out of 1000 have entered their information onto the spreadhseet thats they have bought a strix oc which the app then scales up to 120 as it assumes the spread of buyers choice is the same over the other 12000 buyers.

Of course reality is there may be more or less buyers of the strix oc in the missing 90% of orders. But its a guide.

Associate
Hi all, contacted Zotac and asked if the 20k cards ordered from Amazon.de would affect the supply to the UK and this was their response:

Thanks for your order enquiry.

We have seen unprecedented demand since launch of RTX 3080. It is fair to say that it has been massively oversubscribed, but would take no notice of recent news report ref Amazon. Stock will be allocated fairly by each region. We would need to see a significant improvement in supply however based on demand but hopefully over the coming weeks this will happen.

Kind Regards

Gives hope to Zotac orders :D

Associate

Palit/Zotac seem best atm getting stock to them. Today had approx 38 Zotac cards, 41 Palit (38 normals, only 3 oc models) and getting fairly daily deliveries.

Meanwhile, EVGA.... None existent :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom