• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Well if you look at the link in my last post 9422 msi have redesigned their board and changed the caps...

personally I think these influencers are half the problem, every man and his dog who think they can review appears to have one of each 3080 cards..... no wonder there is a shortage, they’ve got them all.

None of the Ventus cards went out with all six of the same caps, those where pre production images, same with the trio.

Nothing to do with any delay.

Associate
Well if you look at the link in my last post 9422 msi have redesigned their board and changed the caps...

personally I think these influencers are half the problem, every man and his dog who think they can review appears to have one of each 3080 cards..... no wonder there is a shortage, they’ve got them all.

Watched a eTeknix run the supposedly bad 6 SP cap design zotac today in a few games stable at just over 2ghz
On furmark etc it did 2100mhz quite fine

Associate
Not all cards are created equally. Each component will be manufactured to a tolerance and there will be a stack-up of tolerances. Combine this with a pandemic, a likely shortage of components, a rushed launch and the so-called silicone lottery - it's easy to see why some people are said to be having "issues" and are complaining about it. Expectations hey.

Associate
@chriso132
@BraXzy

For anyone who was asking what card I got and at what time. It was the ASUS TUF OC and it was done at launch day at12:41 ET since I live in the USA or 5:41 BST, anyone who got a tuf oc before 5:41 BST is earlier than me in the line. I am officially confirmed by OCUKs to be 90-100th in the line with more cancelations not taken into account as they must be processed.

The guy on the phone told me that cancelations are flowing in like Ants swarm to Sugar.

Associate
@chriso132
@BraXzy

For anyone who was asking what card I got and at what time. It was the ASUS TUF OC and it was done at launch day at12:41 ET since I live in the USA or 5:41 BST, anyone who got a tuf oc before 5:41 BST is earlier than me in the line. I am officially confirmed by OCUKs to be 90-100th in the line with more cancelations not taken into account as they must be processed.

The guy on the phone told me that cancelations are flowing in like Ants swarm to Sugar.
That gives me hope then, I ordered mine at 15:18, I know OC are meant to be receiving a very small amount later today so really keeping my fingers crossed

Associate
Unofficial Queue Calculator: 941
MSI Gaming Trio
Ordered at 17:12
Hopefully some cancellations will bump me up a good bit only hoping for around December personally.
Just figured I would give my info there in case it helps anyone

Associate
So people are cancelling in droves over all these issues with the cards that no one has really seen and the cards may not be retail versions in the hands of some of the “influencers”

Rock on..... I’ve heard that the ASUS RTX 3080 TUF OC defaults to a screening of Bing Crosby singing White Christmas and it can’t be recovered from the cycle...

That should clock up a few cancellations and move me up the queue :D:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom