• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Well it doesn't actually state that you will keep your place. If I find out that is the case, they will have some serious issues on their hands @Gibbo
Well you are not reading it right, because that's exactly what it says. It's on your order time not card. So I can change if I wanted too. I'm not. I'm sticking with MSI GAMING X TRIO but thought you guys would want to know.

Associate
Hearing it will take months for people in the queue that are around 300 or so and I'm here at 850.... :(

Wondering if I should cancel and just wait for better stock in the future as by then the Ti/Super version possibly will be released.

Associate
By saying you will lose your position entirely by cancelling and making a new order. I assume it means you wouldn’t lose your place if you swap.
Exactly. If o swap to a card that is same price or cheaper I keep spot. If more expensive I'd have to cancel and re order and go back to queue. As they have to take a payment again.

Associate
The correct example for your analogy is if there is a meatball queue and a jacket potato queue. Your 1st in the meatball line and I'm 2nd in the potato line. You switch lines and take the last potato from me. Yes that's unfair

There will be another potato coming after that though.

And yes, I see your point, and if I wanted to I could also argue for either approach (e.g. the one in the meatball queue had been waiting for their order longer than you did; you were waiting for your specific order than they did) but you're never going to please everyone.

Associate
An OCUK rep was on here about 100 pages back and said that if you change order you go to the back of the queue. Wish I could find the post but I don't have 3 hours to sift through!

This was the quote from an OCUK employee:

If a customer wishes to swap their order from one product to another they will have to cancel their existing order and place a new one for their desired product. Joining the queue at the end.

However, it doesn't seem to be the practice they are following.

Caporegime
An OCUK rep was on here about 100 pages back and said that if you change order you go to the back of the queue. Wish I could find the post but I don't have 3 hours to sift through!
That people are expecting to jump into a queue and push dozens of people down the queue is laughable. Oh, you were 53rd for xxxx card but half a dozen people swapped their order to the same card so you’re now 59th. Oh and we got 55 cards in today, sorry. That’s not how it works. You change your card order, to the back of the queue, as it should be.

Associate
Hearing it will take months for people in the queue that are around 300 or so and I'm here at 850.... :(

Wondering if I should cancel and just wait for better stock in the future as by then the Ti/Super version will be released.
You're basing your queue position on an unofficial calculator, which appears to be incredibly inaccurate (which is to be expected, as there's no way it can be without access to the actual data.) So I suggest waiting, just in case the official queue system does come into fruition some time soon. That way you'll get a more clear idea of where you stand, plus it might be better than you think! :)

Associate
@Gibbo is busier than anyone behind the scenes to grab as much allocation as possible at the best price from Nvidia and the board partners.

If he has accurate worthwhile info to share he'll be straight on here to tell you guys.

Sometimes it's best for the guy closest to ground zero to just make moves behind the scenes.

What he says can be taken as law on here, when his info might not be 100% accurate.

If a customer wishes to swap their order from one product to another they will have to cancel their existing order and place a new one for their desired product. Joining the queue at the end.

This was posted by OCUK staff three days ago. He says you lose your place in the queue if you swap. Someone is right or wrong here but judging from the posts on here it depends on what member of staff you get on the phone.

Associate
That people are expecting to jump into a queue and push dozens of people down the queue is laughable. Oh, you were 53rd for xxxx card but half a dozen people swapped their order to the same card so you’re now 59th. Oh and we got 55 cards in today, sorry. That’s not how it works. You change your card order, to the back of the queue, as it should be.

It's a UK store! The day any self respecting Brit falls foul of a queueing system is the day I lose any hope I have at all :D:D:D

Associate
Was the queue for MSI gaming x trio updated??? I was at 426 before and since yesterday i have moved to 392 (weird as they got 50 cards)

Associate
Was the queue for MSI gaming x trio updated??? I was at 426 before and since yesterday i have moved to 392 (weird as they got 50 cards)

No! It's an unofficial queue and whoever wrote it doesn't have access to OCUK database to see shipments or cancellations. More people probably entered data, which means a lower percentage is guess work.

Associate
You're basing your queue position on an unofficial calculator, which appears to be incredibly inaccurate (which is to be expected, as there's no way it can be without access to the actual data.) So I suggest waiting, just in case the official queue system does come into fruition some time soon. That way you'll get a more clear idea of where you stand, plus it might be better than you think! :)

Yeah you are right, I will wait to see what OC stock checker will show first. Still pretty hyped for the upgrade seeing I'm currently running a Valve Index VR headset on a 1070Ti its great however I want to see how it runs on a 3080

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom