• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
So... oldest order on the system for said item gets it first. Sounds awfully like a product queue to me?

I would assume there's an accounting element here. They want to ship orders asap, and not hold on to people's money, which they cannot book as sold due to risk of cancellation. So the order time queue vs product order queue would make sense for business.

Not suggesting it's correct for consumer satisfaction however.

Associate
Evening team. Slowly getting there. It’s a shame that the info isn’t as clear as either OcUK or us as it’s customers would like. Not sure what the immediate future looks like in GPU purchase terms but it’s not looking like my 960 place non OC TUF is arriving anytime soon.

Associate
It is oldest order in the queue gets to pick which card you want up to the time its your turn.

Like walking into a shop, picking a ticket number paying a deposit and letting them know your preferred option.
All the time you are waiting to be served, you can can swap and change your mind. Even if the person behind you has paid for their preferred card already, you can choose to take the last one off the shelf.

I understand the idea, in a normal in store situation, but these were specific pre-orders. Surely the 10th order for a specific card should get the 10th one on the shelf - or 10th through the door.

You would not like paying for a curry, going to pick it up am to find out that that actually they just gave your food away. The guy before you wanted a vindaloo but they had none left as the footie team had just cleared them out, so gave him your madras.

I think it will help with reducing cancellations - at least until people found out this was the case.
If you got in early with an order that is being held up to to shipping issue or low stock, you can swap and get a card sooner so you wont cancel,
if you know you ordered late on the 17th or a few days after you already know that you have a long wait ahead and so would either wait it out or cancel.

Associate
Again Palit with the nice transparent information to customers
UK and Europe shipment on route Airmail yesterday, to arrive this week or next week
Unfortunately still small numbers but they are increasing

Weird how a single customer such as myself can keep getting information but OCUK are radio silent

gif upload

Associate
To be honest I got my card for £650, the cost of them now has risen, so even if there is some sort of opportunity to nab a diffrent card and pay the difference to jump the queue, I wont be taking it,
Would not mind my next day delivery charge refunded tho lol

Associate
It’s really not fair and not on to those people who choose a particular model earlier on and now will be pushed back because people are getting to jump in front of them due to swapping.

But I am sure I saw an exchange of a user with a CS in this thread at some point, where they said you will be put at the back of the queue for another card if you swap. So the official policy needs to be stated and then all the staff need to be made clear on what that policy is if this was a miscommunication.

The policy should be simple, you can cancel and get a refund, then make a new order, putting you at the back for that new card order. Not complicate things with swapping and keeping the same order number which could result in messed up order queue.

Permabanned
Utterly unacceptable to be letting people change card and skip ahead of others in the queue @Gibbo this needs addressing right now, no excuses.
Indeed, I ordered a non OC Tuff because I wanted that card. Now the internet is alive saying that the Tuff has the best caps design for the money, and everyone in the queue is going to jump from the cards with bad crash rumours to the Tuff. I'll wait a few days for more clarity but if that's the case I'll not only cancel but will simply not use OC again.

Associate
Indeed, I ordered a non OC Tuff because I wanted that card. Now the internet is alive saying that the Tuff has the best caps design for the money, and everyone in the queue is going to jump from the cards with bad crash rumours to the Tuff. I'll wait a few days for more clarity but if that's the case I'll not only cancel but will simply not use OC again.
Yep

Associate
It is oldest order in the queue gets to pick which card you want up to the time its your turn.

Like walking into a shop, picking a ticket number paying a deposit and letting them know your preferred option.
All the time you are waiting to be served, you can can swap and change your mind. Even if the person behind you has paid for their preferred card already, you can choose to take the last one off the shelf.

I understand the idea, in a normal in store situation, but these were specific pre-orders. Surely the 10th order for a specific card should get the 10th one on the shelf - or 10th through the door.

You would not like paying for a curry, going to pick it up am to find out that that actually they just gave your food away. The guy before you wanted a vindaloo but they had none left as the footie team had just cleared them out, so gave him your madras.

I think it will help with reducing cancellations - at least until people found out this was the case.
If you got in early with an order that is being held up to to shipping issue or low stock, you can swap and get a card sooner so you wont cancel,
if you know you ordered late on the 17th or a few days after you already know that you have a long wait ahead and so would either wait it out or cancel.
Sorry but you are wrong... Someone who ordered at 5pm can swap for card that only been ordered 50 times and get it before someone who ordered at 14:25 because there was 200 orders before him for such card

Associate
Bad luck for people who waited for the 3090. Those who ordered 3080s on the release day and swapped to the 3090 on the 24th will push the guys who waited for the day a few thousand back in the queue. Tough luck guys - PS I have not done that. sticking to my 2080 order as I do not think paying twice the price is worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom