• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I sense the TUF OC queue is about to get quite a bit longer...

I hope not, but I’m not in a rush, I am surprised that OCUK are allowing swooping, it must be hell in their sales dept trying to keep track of everything as people swop back and forth trying to gazump each other. They would have been better off simply saying that you would need to reorder.

Associate
Yeah just unofficial queue, I was just under 30 in Eagle and dropped around 10ish places for the ASUS. But rumours are that the gigabyte cards will be getting more stock sooner, so I expect the Eagle would've arrived sooner.

There was a few reasons for the switch tbh. First off, before launch I found a list on Alphacools site of all the reference cards, and the Eagle was listed as one of them. Went to buy the waterblock a couple of days later and they'd taken the Eagle off the page. I know it was there as I'd confirmed everything with the part number when making my wishlist of cards.

After that, I briefly looked around at other reference cards and thought about selling my Eagle once it arrived to get something reference, but it would be a big hassle and quite a bit more expensive. Alphacool released an ASUS TUF waterblock, and TUF was shown as having 6 fancy chips instead of rubbish ones which at that point people were saying was a major issue. I've always been a fan of ASUS anyway so everything just kinda pointed to that. If I hadn't of tried to go reference from the outset this would've been my original card to order anyway, so decided it was worth the £70 and slight wait for me to switch. I'll be waiting 3 weeks for my waterblock from alphacool anyway so not a big deal on a longer wait :p
Fair enough :) cheers for the reply! Hope I get my eagle soon and you get your ASUS :)

Associate
Yeah just unofficial queue, I was just under 30 in Eagle and dropped around 10ish places for the ASUS. But rumours are that the gigabyte cards will be getting more stock sooner, so I expect the Eagle would've arrived sooner.

There was a few reasons for the switch tbh. First off, before launch I found a list on Alphacools site of all the reference cards, and the Eagle was listed as one of them. Went to buy the waterblock a couple of days later and they'd taken the Eagle off the page. I know it was there as I'd confirmed everything with the part number when making my wishlist of cards.

After that, I briefly looked around at other reference cards and thought about selling my Eagle once it arrived to get something reference, but it would be a big hassle and quite a bit more expensive. Alphacool released an ASUS TUF waterblock, and TUF was shown as having 6 fancy chips instead of rubbish ones which at that point people were saying was a major issue. I've always been a fan of ASUS anyway so everything just kinda pointed to that. If I hadn't of tried to go reference from the outset this would've been my original card to order anyway, so decided it was worth the £70 and slight wait for me to switch. I'll be waiting 3 weeks for my waterblock from alphacool anyway so not a big deal on a longer wait :p
Reckon you would’ve been first wave for the Eagle though

Associate
LETS GO EAGLE BOIZ!!!!!! been unofficial Que Pos 3 since friday!! really looking forward to this batch coming in!!! Hoping its a decent portion, and they can take a nice chunk outta the que!! Good Luck all !!!! :D #RTXNearlyOn

Soldato
i've ordered a zotac myself and really hoping they come quickly but I personally feel that zotac are in the worse place atm and i feel they will recall there products and not put them on sale till new stock is made (for obvious reasons cant mention it here as post will be deleted) so im strongly thinking on cancelling my pre order due to i feel stock will be held and new card made. I hope im wrong

Can you PM me the reasons?

Associate
LETS GO EAGLE BOIZ!!!!!! been unofficial Que Pos 3 since friday!! really looking forward to this batch coming in!!! Hoping its a decent portion, and they can take a nice chunk outta the que!! Good Luck all !!!! :D #RTXNearlyOn
I’m praying, but you’ll definitely get yours :) my order is around 2:28 though so don’t think I’ll get mine first wave... oh well maybe I’ll grab an FE when it drops at 3am

Associate
I’m praying, but you’ll definitely get yours :) my order is around 2:28 though so don’t think I’ll get mine first wave... oh well maybe I’ll grab an FE when it drops at 3am
ahh hell yeah man!! to be honest. my only impatience is that i bought it for myself as a bday present!! it was out for pre-order on my bday! so made sense to treat myself! im due an upgrade :D

Associate
I hope not, but I’m not in a rush, I am surprised that OCUK are allowing swooping, it must be hell in their sales dept trying to keep track of everything as people swop back and forth trying to gazump each other. They would have been better off simply saying that you would need to reorder.
I'm hoping that since the fact it was a bit more expensive means that some of the cards people would be swapping from are cheaper thus they would have to go to the back. Whereas the NON-OC was 650 so ever card is either equal or more in price.

Associate
Tinfoil hat time, could OC be allowing no penalty swaps to encourage people who bought at the lower price to pay more? If enough people swap to another card which are all now priced higher, eventually everyone will have paid the higher price for all cards, muahahah

Associate
Well queue switching conversely also frees up the queue of the model they switched from, yes one side loses but the other side gains. So it's not exactly entirely unfair....just unfavourable to one group while being also being more favourable to another group.

Additionally, allowing switch makes sure that people don't cancel the order and the money stays with OCUK, and ofcourse the higher price that some may pay leading to additional revenue. In the end, the number of people here jumping queue is going to be largely inefficient in the grander scale of things as there just aren't enough people in here doing that.

Associate
The actual state of some you is quite frankly embarrassing. You’re practically clawing at the walls screaming for this GPU. Don’t get me wrong, I’m excited too. But there is a big difference between excited and manic.

You’re putting each other through torture, and no doubt OCUK staff, with constant phone calls and eyeing the probable shi-t-ty brand card just to get it faster by switching. If Mr. Smith switches to Gigabyte to get it faster, then so does Mr. Thompson, and the rest of the fkin goon squad. That means you’re creating more of a mess. All you’re doing is forcing people to switch to your original intended card, since they will all be offset. Do it if you want. I’m keeping my position until I know the ACTUAL queue position I have. If it’s a November/December date I might cancel, and prob get one when it calms down, even if I pay more than MSRP.

Take a deep breath. The best way is to accept you’re not getting it for quite some time. If you do get it early, then AWESOME! If not, at least you’re not wired 24/7 reciting daft consumer laws and how OCUK have betrayed you. We’ll get through it, I assure you.
Well said, this thread is absolutely nuts. People just need to calm down.

Associate
The cards that are being delivered now, were shipped nearly a month ago....it's unlikely a news that came out this week has had any effect on it.
Delays due to manufacturing would have affected the first line of cards as it'd have been done before those were shipped.

They're still being air freighted at the moment so they're not necessarily from that long ago

Associate
Depends what card you ordered and when. Also, some people seem prepared to pay quite a lot just to get a few more frames per second a few months earlier.
To get a card higher in value, you must lose your queue position. You can switch to a cheaper card and join the queue there and get the difference refunded. But you can't go cheaper to more expensive and pay the difference.

Associate
Apparently there was a small shipment of asus tuf oc cards, I wonder if they've shipped them already or not, If so I have missed them which is unfortunate, @Gibbo Any update on these specific cards the asus tuf oc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom