• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Yeah and was already confirmed many times over last few days. The swap and keep position was allowed. But from 1st October tomrrow. You won't be able to. But yes you could. As long as the card you where swapping too was same price or less (get refund for difference) you could. And if it was more money you would have to cancel reorder and go to back of queue. And coz of all this the ASUS TUF GAMING OC queue is double any other card. So guess many many people swapped to it. Unsure if you have till end of tomrrow or end of today. Meaning 1st October. But it was confirmed. You could. Will no longer be able too tomrrow though as they have to stop it to make the queue system numbers actuarate to email out to everyone.
I think it is the TUF non OC that has a crazy long queue as it's tied cheapest card, the TUF OC wasn't as popular

Associate
...And if it was more money you would have to cancel reorder and go to back of queue...

As someone who swapped to a more expensive card I thought I would just correct/clarify something in your post - you could swap to a more expensive card and pay the difference using a debit card as long as you didnt use amazon pay as your original payment method.

Not that it matters now, but details and all that.

Associate
As someone who swapped to a more expensive card I thought I would just correct/clarify something in your post - you could swap to a more expensive card and pay the difference using a debit card as long as you didnt use amazon pay as your original payment method.

Not that it matters now, but details and all that.

Someone earlier mentioned that as of tomorrow this is no longer possible - no idea how legit that claim was of course but just worth mentioning

Associate
I had an order of another card at 1409 on the 17th, swapped to a MSI Trio yesterday, shipped today. So get in there if you want to swap before it gets stopped.

Associate
Yeah and was already confirmed many times over last few days. The swap and keep position was allowed. But from 1st October tomrrow. You won't be able to. But yes you could. As long as the card you where swapping too was same price or less (get refund for difference) you could. And if it was more money you would have to cancel reorder and go to back of queue. And coz of all this the ASUS TUF GAMING OC queue is double any other card. So guess many many people swapped to it. Unsure if you have till end of tomrrow or end of today. Meaning 1st October. But it was confirmed. You could. Will no longer be able too tomrrow though as they have to stop it to make the queue system numbers actuarate to email out to everyone.

If correct, what about Gibbo’s own words “Yes OcUK takes money upfront and nothing shall be changing there, this guarantees your position in the queue”. I can appreciate if people have ordered my card ahead of me that they should get theirs before me, but how can it be fair for people to queue jump me just because they ordered a different card before me? Where is this post that you mention?

Associate
Had an email saying they are doing the queues in the next few days dunno if anyone else got the email

this the answer from OC staff.

"Today is the last day you can swap - from 01/10 it will be cancel and reorder if you want a different card.

As you've paid via Amazon we cannot charge extra, therefore any increase cannot be processed and you'd need to cancel and reorder if the card was more expensive.

Yourself and everyone else with a pending pre order for an RTX card should get an email with a Q position by the end of this week."

Associate
this the answer from OC staff.

"Today is the last day you can swap - from 01/10 it will be cancel and reorder if you want a different card.

As you've paid via Amazon we cannot charge extra, therefore any increase cannot be processed and you'd need to cancel and reorder if the card was more expensive.

Yourself and everyone else with a pending pre order for an RTX card should get an email with a Q position by the end of this week."
Wish they'd make their minds up whether we're getting these Q notfications by the end of the next day or by the end of the week, or weekend. I guess if they keep saying that every day it makes all cases true eventually.

Associate
17 Sep 2020 15:07:00 - wonder when I'll see my MSI X trio November lol

Idk how you go around to getting a earlier slot if you where to buy a more expensive one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom