• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Officially cancelled my AORUS Master preorder if anyone is waiting for one, in favour of keeping the Vision preorder as I suspect I'm higher up that list...Note, I didn't queue swap, had two orders and cancelled one.

OcUK cancelled my Vision for me due to having 2 orders. Interesting that they have not done this to everyone yet. I have had to now cancel my ASUS TUF and reorder Vision from the back of the queue. Not impressed.

Associate
My PSU supports 2 x PCIe cables which both have a daisy chain (so 4 PCIe in total) so I used 1 cable for 2 inputs and another cable for the third! ideally i would have 3 cables for 3 inputs but unless i buy an new PSU I cant! L

yeah same as mine. Good to know that definitely works fine then.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

mods are deleting posts left and right, but, we cant have a simple update on whether there is more 3080 cards coming or not . as simple as that. Just a basic update is better than silence. OCUK worried that bad news = more cancellations? there will be cancellations either way ! and much more of them if there is no news...
Take a chill pill.

There’s a global pandemic going on, so manufacturers aren’t exactly working to full capacity. Couple that with an unprecedented demand and you’ve got a lot of demand but very little supply.

OcUK are taking pre-orders but make no guarantees on delivery date. Who’s to say that ordering today won’t mean you’ll get a card at Christmas? I ordered a webcam at the beginning of the COVID lockdown and was given no update on the status until it shipped.

The only way anyone is going to know what’s happening with their order is to contact the shop. If they can’t give you an update then I’d hazard a guess that they themselves don’t know, but it isn’t some conspiracy.

The mod team are unpaid volunteers that aren’t employed by OcUK. We are simply here to enforce the rules you agreed to when signing up. If you want to go blabbing about things on Twitter then that’s your perogative but take a minute to think about this logically...

...you’re whining about stock availability of one of the most in-demand items in tech at the moment. No amount of stomping or shouting is going to change anything but there are still individuals out there going to work in full PPE washing their hands 1000 times a day who would love to hear you beat them down for their efforts.

Associate
I got told the regular Tuf queue is by far the largest yesterday. There's no way the OC version is bigger.
Agh, damn it! I ordered at 17:07, so if peeps have been queue jumping I've got a long wait. Well, I knew I had a long wait anyways, but now I have a feeling it'll be even longer :(

Associate
I know - crazy right? Mine was placed at 14:19 too, and shipped at 16:20 today. Only I’m going to have to return mine I think got 2 showing up tomorrow, 1 from competitor and 1 from OCUK
yeah that makes you a.... risk adverse customer. I get it I do but that behaviour is lets put it politely a 'me first' attitude, it doesn't help the situation and even if your return is cycled back into the stock pool it takes time and effort to process that

Associate
Take a chill pill.

There’s a global pandemic going on, so manufacturers aren’t exactly working to full capacity. Couple that with an unprecedented demand and you’ve got a lot of demand but very little supply.

OcUK are taking pre-orders but make no guarantees on delivery date. Who’s to say that ordering today won’t mean you’ll get a card at Christmas? I ordered a webcam at the beginning of the COVID lockdown and was given no update on the status until it shipped.

The only way anyone is going to know what’s happening with their order is to contact the shop. If they can’t give you an update then I’d hazard a guess that they themselves don’t know, but it isn’t some conspiracy.

The mod team are unpaid volunteers that aren’t employed by OcUK. We are simply here to enforce the rules you agreed to when signing up. If you want to go blabbing about things on Twitter then that’s your perogative but take a minute to think about this logically...

...you’re whining about stock availability of one of the most in-demand items in tech at the moment. No amount of stomping or shouting is going to change anything but there are still individuals out there going to work in full PPE washing their hands 1000 times a day who would love to hear you beat them down for their efforts.

Also even more idiots having house parties, not social distancing and spreading the disease to all and sundry, hence all the local lockdowns etc.

Take a pill and relax yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom