• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Also even more idiots having house parties, not social distancing and spreading the disease to all and sundry, hence all the local lockdowns etc.

Take a pill and relax yourself.
What? I’m a key worker no one is more annoyed at the idiots but your post makes no sense. There’s limited stock and people are getting their knickers in a twist over an item with almost no stock in the middle of one of, if not the biggest instances where supply is going to be universally gimped due to the pandemic.

Associate
Agh, damn it! I ordered at 17:07, so if peeps have been queue jumping I've got a long wait. Well, I knew I had a long wait anyways, but now I have a feeling it'll be even longer :(

Maybe, maybe not. I am the same, 17:01 Tuf, and given what people have been told by ringing up we are probably ~80-100 in the queue. This is much less than the 900+ from the unofficial tracker. As for jumpers then lets just say that early jumpers are netted off by cancelations, maybe?

All in all though we won't see a card just yet and they are allegedly sending out some queue position indication this week.

If you are in luck you got it at its starting price, so even if we did go elsewhere that's another £70+ to pay. How much is £70 worth to you?

Associate
At this point I should point out the majority of the games I play relate to cars and rollerblading so the controller is actually appropriate here. I do prefer good old keyboard and mouse when they are suitable.
force feedback steering wheels are always looking for a good PC gamer home, can recommend the Thrustmaster T300 RS GT Edition over the gamepad incl. for GTA V

Associate
Maybe, maybe not. I am the same 17:01 Tuf, and given what people have been told by ringing up we are probably ~80-100 in the queue. This is much less than the 900+ from the unofficial tracker. As for jumpers then lets just say that early jumpers are netted off by cancelations, maybe?

All in all though we won't see a card just yet and they are allegedly sending out some queue position indication this week.

If you are in luck you got it at its starting price, so even if we did go elsewhere that's another £70+ to pay. How much is £70 worth to you?
Aye, this is true, and the fact that we might be much lower in the queue gives me hope. Plus there's also the fact I managed to purchase a TUF when it was still £650, which I very much lucked out on.

If I do see cards available elsewhere, I'm tempted to nab one (for the right price), otherwise I can wait a little longer, unless my queue position does turn out to be absolutely ridiculous. Not knowing is the only frustrating part, but I understand the difficulties, and we should hopefully have info soon!

Associate
I think we might genuinely be getting a queue position soon, once all this swapping has stopped tomorrow it'll be much easier for them to provide us with an accurate number. Maybe they were waiting for this date to give us our numbers so they would be a lot more reliable? I saw someone (can't remember who apologies) saying about possibly they allowed changed 14 days after purchase, which would be tomorrow. I feel we might get a queue position soon which will hopefully quiet it down a bit in here.

Associate
Aye, this is true, and the fact that we might be much lower in the queue gives me hope. Plus there's also the fact I managed to purchase a TUF when it was still £650, which I very much lucked out on.

If I do see cards available elsewhere, I'm tempted to nab one (for the right price), otherwise I can wait a little longer, unless my queue position does turn out to be absolutely ridiculous. Not knowing is the only frustrating part, but I understand the difficulties, and we should hopefully have info soon!
SurfXombie what makes u think you are around 100 in the Q ?

mine ordered 16:45 launch day ,

btw can i please have a quick recap what we know after today? been grafting all afternoon, too knackered to check 100 pages now ;(

best regards

Associate
Lmao the title has now changed to
*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION
people clearly aren't taking the hint with the posts being removed

Seems only a few people read the rules around here lol

Associate
Take a chill pill.

There’s a global pandemic going on, so manufacturers aren’t exactly working to full capacity. Couple that with an unprecedented demand and you’ve got a lot of demand but very little supply.

OcUK are taking pre-orders but make no guarantees on delivery date. Who’s to say that ordering today won’t mean you’ll get a card at Christmas? I ordered a webcam at the beginning of the COVID lockdown and was given no update on the status until it shipped.

The only way anyone is going to know what’s happening with their order is to contact the shop. If they can’t give you an update then I’d hazard a guess that they themselves don’t know, but it isn’t some conspiracy.

The mod team are unpaid volunteers that aren’t employed by OcUK. We are simply here to enforce the rules you agreed to when signing up. If you want to go blabbing about things on Twitter then that’s your perogative but take a minute to think about this logically...

...you’re whining about stock availability of one of the most in-demand items in tech at the moment. No amount of stomping or shouting is going to change anything but there are still individuals out there going to work in full PPE washing their hands 1000 times a day who would love to hear you beat them down for their efforts.

Noones beating anyone down. Its a new generation of card, no one can fault the employees. We can fault businesses that sell products they dont have and sell items they have no availability for and up the price taking advantage of a lack of global supply due to the same global pandemic. Earning interest off of the thousands spent. So yes, people have a right to whine when theyve paid for something that was 'In Stock' or available 18th September.

Associate
Maybe, maybe not. I am the same, 17:01 Tuf, and given what people have been told by ringing up we are probably ~80-100 in the queue. This is much less than the 900+ from the unofficial tracker. As for jumpers then lets just say that early jumpers are netted off by cancelations, maybe?

At 17:00 on 17th, the TUF the queue was probably about 250-300 long. The TUF OC queue, on the other hand, was probably about 90-100 long. The quote from the other day that you are referring to related to the TUF OC queue.

You can see both positions from the graphs that @Lastof made (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1L5FsPk6ZsYzN8J2XMaAoLQPbCrjKBTiCEanh1AthKs0/edit#gid=0), which are probably the best estimate we have without official data. Obviously, you still have to take them with a big pinch of salt, given that they are based on a large number of assumptions (e.g. that every order was for a 3080) and they do not account for queue swaps, cancellations and the like.

Associate
Is there any reason that has been mentioned as to why Gibbo didn't announce more Msi 3080 Trio's arriving and shipping today?

I find it really strange that there was 30 that arrived Monday and shipped, most other places had no news or hope of any stock, then bam a load of people got stock else where and OCUK also shipped more today??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom