• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
Got an update kinda. Chap that calls store in Poland that Said they will ship hes card monday got reply today. That few shipments got sent back i assume that is outcome of CAPS tale and they changed design and cancelled/returned shipments of cards to fix em up...

So that added to delays...

Soldato
Funny thing is when I got my rig built by OC last year GPUs were quite tame on the power requirements - its only with this gens fermi like power reqs due to samsungs 8nm (when it was initially a 7nm design) that PSUs are back up to needing a chunky number. I had to confirm twice with the OC staff member I wanted an 850W Corsair Titanium model - they suggested a lower number would be better. I actually wanted to get the 1000W initially - should have stuck to my guns on that one lol - still that PSU should handle the aorus xtreme 3080 incoming probably around easter time!! :p

PC gaming was pretty cheap for a while. Then it gained in popularity and prices seemed to soar. As thus lower wattage models became more popular, and thus the whole range became more expensive. So the jump in price per 100w became a bit silly. As such you just got recommended a lower wattage model that is higher efficiency.

This saved you loads of waste power (heat) but it runs the components much closer to the limits. I've found with the AX1200 and Platimax 1550 (which is just about Platinum IIRC) that loading them with a 50% load means they run much cooler and thus live a happier longer life. Plus let's face it, a unit designed to pump out 1550w is hardly going to even be awake with 700w being pulled from it.

A good 550w supply now costs what a good 850w one used to. So that's why it became more of a question about what you need to get you going, rather than what you'd like.

Associate
Damn, and there i thought going more expensive way will have less orders :D Well now just have to wait till we have the queue thing to check.

Haha this is what I thought too, said to the guy on the phone was hoping the more expensive version might also be less wanted due to the price jump. But nope one of the more popular models sadly

Associate
Only thing they don't get any interest there. The account is just business holding account. As they need the money to be always on, in case of shipments and order cancellations. And bank's won't allow you to just move large amount of money from regular account to savings account and back.
Doesn't work like that. The account doesn't earn any interest but the balance can offset any loans the company has, reducing the interest for the period it's there. So if you had a loan for £100 and £50 in the account you would only pay interest on the £50 difference, thus saving you considerable amounts in interest.

Associate
Helloooo - Long Time Lurker First Time Poster -
Has anyone who purchased from the *Competitor* yesterday spoken to them today to check if the orders are being sent out today or if it was just a fever dream we all had?

It's stuck on order processing at supplier and ringing up they just told me I'd have to wait until tomorrow ("expected" delivery date) to ring as you've got to wait until sometime goes wrong before they'll look into anything for you.

I don't think I'm breaking the rules and apologies if it is but I'm not promoting a competitor, frankly the opposite. Pretty rubbish experience again and a lesson that there is likely no El Dorado of stock somewhere else. Likely just got myself stuck in another queue!

Associate
So just been on the phone to the guys over at OCUK, they said they are slowly going to send out emails for users queue base, but they are going from card to card doing it that way.

But said we should get it this week.

Sadly was informed there has been at least 1000 orders on the strix OC. So it might look like 2021 for some users on this card haha.

Kin ell ordered on 24th so that's me *******d. Lol

Associate
I'm assuming OCUK and other big retailers aren't releasing where you are in the queue purely because if you found that out you would potentially cancel as im expecting them to be extremely long and as such the numbers very high and at the same time without any context of how many cards they get in each shipment it would be hard to work out what the numbers actually meant in regards to receiving the product.

At the end of the day its annoying that we all have to wait weeks/months/years but its only a graphics card and you really shouldn't be getting angry about it.

Associate
It's stuck on order processing at supplier and ringing up they just told me I'd have to wait until tomorrow ("expected" delivery date) to ring as you've got to wait until sometime goes wrong before they'll look into anything for you.

I don't think I'm breaking the rules and apologies if it is but I'm not promoting a competitor, frankly the opposite. Pretty rubbish experience again and a lesson that there is likely no El Dorado of stock somewhere else. Likely just got myself stuck in another queue!

OK thanks for letting us know, its worth a punt I've got an account so could put it on BNP12 months so it really was woth a punt as I have no money into it currently.

We can live in hope you never know that the rocking horse might just produce its magic **** Lol

Associate
Just chiming in here to say I am furious at overclockers. I have been waiting for them to update me on what is going on. You've been happy to take hundreds of my money and then close up communication and stop use of the live customer service.

When I am off work in the next couple of days I will be going to the offices/shop because you have left me no other way to discuss this with you.
My first use of overclockers and I am stunned at how pathetic they are. Never again after this.

Associate
Helloooo - Long Time Lurker First Time Poster -
Has anyone who purchased from the *Competitor* yesterday spoken to them today to check if the orders are being sent out today or if it was just a fever dream we all had?
I have, they are still saying it will defiantly be tomorrow,
Will see on that one as she did use the term "pre-order" but said it will ship tomorrow

Associate
OK thanks for letting us know, its worth a punt I've got an account so could put it on BNP12 months so it really was woth a punt as I have no money into it currently.

We can live in hope you never know that the rocking horse might just produce its magic **** Lol

There are 2 people on another forum that have received their cards today (photographic evidence provided) although they seem to be the people who discovered the stock in the first place as they ordered Tuesday evening before the hundreds of others did.

Soldato
Just chiming in here to say I am furious at overclockers. I have been waiting for them to update me on what is going on. You've been happy to take hundreds of my money and then close up communication and stop use of the live customer service.

When I am off work in the next couple of days I will be going to the offices/shop because you have left me no other way to discuss this with you.
My first use of overclockers and I am stunned at how pathetic they are. Never again after this.
The shop is closed door to covid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom