Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME CPU Cooler Review (FINALLY)

Permabanned
OK you know I have posted about this Cooler for a long time but it was always postponed and there was no real reviews only pictures of it.

Today is the 1st real review AFAIK.

There is far too much to quote here so I will let you read it all and simply quote the Conclusion.

http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/1614/1/arctic_cooling_freezer_xtreme_cpu_cooler/index.html

QUOTED :

" Final Thoughts

The Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME lives up to its name and can effectively cool a modern day flagship processor with ease. Overclockers looking to cool their processors when pushed to the limit will enjoy the cooler for its cooling power and casual clockers, the 10-15% guys will love the mix of performance and quietness.

The Freezer XTREME is currently available on store shelves but availability is limited in the U.S. due to its high demand. If you are on the prowl and find one in stock, act quickly because there are several others looking for this performance cooler. With an MSRP price of under 50 U.S. Dollars the Freezer XTREME isn’t going to break the bank and the cooler is actually a bargain when compared to 80 Dollar coolers that perform at the same level.

When it comes to installation, the Freezer XTREME has most other coolers on the market beat, hands down. Intel and AMD based motherboards do not have to be removed, making installation a snap. The bracket supplied by Arctic Cooling is robust and allows for a tight fit between the processor and cooler.

If the Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME had a fault, it would be in the pre-applied thermal paste. I was surprised to see that the cooler didn’t come with a tube of Arctic Cooling’s premium paste. Many users purchase a cooler to use on more than one system, but in the end omitting the extra paste allows AC to keep the cooler cost lower. "

:)

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
AFAICS, its very good but the week link is the slow fan it uses (it performs very well) but if like me you like a faster fan that you can control speed on for when not needed at full pelt its going to be hard as its ROUND. :(

Man of Honour
Deffinatly looking at getting one of these just not sure it will fit along with my NB cooler on the P35 DS3R the ACF7 is close enough as it is :S

Associate
if anyone knows how this compares to tuniq tower/true/noctua pipe up! :D

edit: noctua nh-u12p outperforms this just with 1 fan, but with 2 in push-pull it runs away with it. it's on the results page :)

Last edited:
Associate
AFAICS, its very good but the week link is the slow fan it uses (it performs very well) but if like me you like a faster fan that you can control speed on for when not needed at full pelt its going to be hard as its ROUND. :(

The fan is round but the hole looks square so you may be able to cable tie a better fan in there, i've got one being delivered tomorrow so i'll have a mess with it and see if i can squeeze a better fan in. :D I'm sure i could mod a fan to fit in some way.

Last edited:
Soldato
That review is worthless it doesn't compare it to any of the top CPU coolers except the Noctua which is one of the better ones which outpeforms it. Best to stick with the Thermalright.

Back
Top Bottom