*** Arctic Cooling MX-3 Thermal Compound @ £6.99 inc VAT ***

Suspended
*** *** Arctic Cooling MX-3 Thermal Compound @ £6.99 inc VAT inc VAT *** ***

TH-002-AR_400.jpg

As an upgraded version of the award-winning ARCTIC MX-2, the performance of the ARCTIC MX-3 out-performs other well-known thermal compounds. This new compound is composed of carbon microparticles which lead to an extremely high thermal conductivity of 8.2 W/mK. It guarantees that heat from the CPU or GPU can be dissipated quickly and efficiently.

Tested and proven, by using the ARCTIC MX-3, the CPU core temperature is 7C and 2.5C lower than using stock compound and other branded thermal compounds respectively. It shows how significant a high performance thermal compound can be to reduce temperatures. Such excellent cooling result is what every overclocker and gamer is looking for. The ARCTIC MX-3 is the easiest way to push overclocking further!

The ARCTIC MX-3 is a metal-free, non-electrically conductive compound which does not cause any damage of the components if it is accidentally spilled out on them. It eliminates any risks of short circuit and provides more protection to the CPUs, graphic cards and other applications between power semiconductor components and heatsinks. The ARCTIC MX-3 is a truly hassle-free premium thermal compound you can rely on.

- High Thermal Conductivity
- Low Thermal Resistance
- Non-Electrical Conductive
- Non-Capacitive
- Non-Corrosive
- No Curing
- No Bleeding

Only £6.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Soldato
Has anybody tried Cool Laboratory Liquid Metal Pro?

Lots of people. Performance reviews are split straight down the middle, people who followed the installation instructions get good results and those that don't get the same as whatever paste they were using before. The issue is that all the paste has to be removed first, and this means lapping. IPA does not appear to be sufficient. People struggle with this concept, choose not to lap it, and then find the results aren't particularly good.

People do agree that it's more hassle than it's worth. As it alloys with the surface, you'll have to lap it again to remove all traces. It tends to cold weld blocks and processors together, which is inconvenient when taking the system apart. It is also very conductive, which is fatal if you're careless during install.

I haven't tried it yet. These boards strongly advised against using it. I intend to make this mistake myself however.

Soldato
About this Liquid Pro stuff Jon, you say that you have to lap the CPU/Block first before it will work properly, but if you were to lap the chip and block, isn't this process going to improve temps anyway?

So you aren't really going to get a before and after comparison by doing it this way..

It sounds like it would be far to much hassle imo, and I personally wouldn't be very happy if my HSF/waterblock got welded to my processor!

Caporegime
Ill be able to confirm mx3 on tuesday, im getting my i7 rig up and running and ive ordered mx3, ill be using it with a TRUE black, but i still think fans make the most difference.

Soldato
You could lap both, mount with mx3, then relap both and mount with liquid pro were you after before and after temps. However I think in practice I will be doing multiple things at once, all of which should offer a small improvement. At the end the processor should be much cooler, and while I wont know which steps made the most difference it'll still be cold.

Chip welded to the block is the ideal in terms of heat transfer, continuous alloy rather than metal to paste to metal. It just so happens to be the worst thing for usability. As long as the screws can be removed and the block twisted the join will break, the interfacial shear strength will be pretty poor. If however you can only pull upwards on the block you're probably in trouble, so the standard mounting will need to be changed a bit.

I'll look forward to your results setter

Back
Top Bottom