Arctic Liquid Freezer II - Will mine come with an LGA 1700 kit?

Associate
As the title suggests, I'm wondering if mine will come with the bracket needed, I know arctic sell them on their website with the kit included, but suggested that retailers may be using older stock.

Has anyone grabbed one of these recently, if so, did yours come with the necessary bracket?

If there's any staff here that could check the box from my order before shipping, that would be awesome, but I seriously doubt it. :p

Thanks guys!

Soldato
As the title suggests, I'm wondering if mine will come with the bracket needed, I know arctic sell them on their website with the kit included, but suggested that retailers may be using older stock.

Has anyone grabbed one of these recently, if so, did yours come with the necessary bracket?

If there's any staff here that could check the box from my order before shipping, that would be awesome, but I seriously doubt it. :p

Thanks guys!

mine didn't (ive had it 6 months), but OcUK site now says the cooler supports 1700 so it should be shipped with the bracket.
if the bracket was shipped separate it would say to request one.

how ever to be safe order over the phone and say you need it.

Associate
I'd be making sure that your Motherboard can accomodate the Artic liquid freezer II. This would've been my initial choice in regards to an AIO, but it was to much of a tight fit around my CPU and was to close to my VRM so opted for a different AIO

Associate
If OCUK says compatible with 1700 I assume the kit is included.
Just be aware of some issues with Asus motherboards (would require a different casing) as well the case you're using.
The O11 EVO, i wasn't able to install as the cutout behind the motherboard wasn't big enough. May be an issue with the socket position on the MSI Z690 Tomahawk, but not sure as I haven't tried another 1700 motherboard.
Ended up using the EK 360 AIO, as the backplate is flat and would fit, but even this one, part of the backplate seats between the motherboard and the motherboard tray of the case. Lian Li could have planned a slightly wider cutout.

Soldato
If OCUK says compatible with 1700 I assume the kit is included.
Just be aware of some issues with Asus motherboards (would require a different casing) as well the case you're using.
The O11 EVO, i wasn't able to install as the cutout behind the motherboard wasn't big enough. May be an issue with the socket position on the MSI Z690 Tomahawk, but not sure as I haven't tried another 1700 motherboard.
Ended up using the EK 360 AIO, as the backplate is flat and would fit, but even this one, part of the backplate seats between the motherboard and the motherboard tray of the case. Lian Li could have planned a slightly wider cutout.

are the motherboard mounting standoffs smaller than standard ? i have a O11 mini and there is load or room even if the cut out wasn't there

Edit: i just googled it and see the backplate... What was they thinking it stick out about 10mm

Associate
are the motherboard mounting standoffs smaller than standard ? i have a O11 mini and there is load or room even if the cut out wasn't there

Edit: i just googled it and see the backplate... What was they thinking it stick out about 10mm
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/lian-li-o11-evo.18920994/page-15
Down the page I posted a photo with the issue.
Either the standoff or the backplate had to be at least 1 or 2mm longer (standoff) or shorter (backplate) to fit.

Soldato
The last ones I ordered came with a “free gift” which was the lga1700 bracket. However the bracket was also in the box. They were 360mm ones so not sure if they are all the same. I guess it depends how popular they were and if the stock has been replenished with the new ones that include the brackets.

Back
Top Bottom