Are all the claims for a 5.1 jailbreak rubbish

You really only need follow this guy Jeff at idownloadblog. He gets sent preview Cydia (thats the store for jailbreak tweaks) upcoming tweaks & applications.

http://www.idownloadblog.com/

Anything thats anything worth installing on the iPhone Jeff will review and he gives you a great understanding of what it will do before you install it.

I find theres a bit of a learning curve when it comes to jail breaking a device. Its very easy to completely ruin the performance of the device by installing the wrong things or even a combination of things but mainly too many resource hungry ones.

If you keep it to a handful of tweaks the iPhone becomes a dream user experience. Theres some really solid tweaks out there but that being said theres a lot of good ones so its making the choice of what you really want on your device to keep it running really nice. Thats why I'll always buy the latest and greatest iPhone so I got more horsepower to play with when it comes to Cydia.

Also there is a absolute ton of **** on Cydia to avoid too! Which is why idownloadblog is well worth watching every other day.

Is it true the jailbreak has leaked out and someone is trying to make money off it? Just looking a pod2g's twitter

It would appear someone has written there own jailbreak for 5.1.1 and are selling it - i0n1c is promoting it heavily :rolleyes:.

I would personally wait for pod2g's jailbreak and donate instead.

No it seems after a read that another company claims to have another method of JB but its a paid for exploit.

To be honest Pod2G just needs to release this now if he cares about the community.

We all appreciate the hard work all the DEV team do but its completed now i dont see a reason to wait any more.

They are all in Amsterdam anyways for a meeting. So next day or two should yeild the JB.

No it seems after a read that another company claims to have another method of JB but its a paid for exploit.

To be honest Pod2G just needs to release this now if he cares about the community.

We all appreciate the hard work all the DEV team do but its completed now i dont see a reason to wait any more.

They are all in Amsterdam anyways for a meeting. So next day or two should yeild the JB.

The jailbreak is complete but the reason they aren't releasing yet is they need to test it on multiple devices and complete the tool required to install the jailbreak in the first place. It's not about whether or not pod2g cares for the community, it'll be released when it's ready.

Well to be honest I think Pod2g should release it as soon as he feels possible. I think if everyone donated a £ to that guy he'd be a millionaire within hours. Its always a rock solid release but the point of this meeting seems a bit nuts to me. Where is this paid for exploit anyway?

Well to be honest I think Pod2g should release it as soon as he feels possible. I think if everyone donated a £ to that guy he'd be a millionaire within hours. Its always a rock solid release but the point of this meeting seems a bit nuts to me. Where is this paid for exploit anyway?

I really wish more people would donate to him. The state that the jailbreak community is in, I could see this being the last jailbreak - Many "hackers" are leaving the scene to do other things, as they are annoyed at how many people pirate apps :(

The paid for exploit is linked in i0n1c's twitter page - I wouldn't trust it personally...

I really wish more people would donate to him. The state that the jailbreak community is in, I could see this being the last jailbreak - Many "hackers" are leaving the scene to do other things, as they are annoyed at how many people pirate apps :(

The paid for exploit is linked in i0n1c's twitter page - I wouldn't trust it personally...

If it works, and i can get confirmation of it...im going to pay for it. Simple as that.

The JB is complete, the tool has been tested on everything the only device that doesnnt work is the ATV3.

Musclenerd released some notes to give an indication of a release date so im not saying that the tool is or isnt ready but surley if its been tested on multipul devices this would be done by now. Red snow is the most common tool unless they have designed their own?

you should wait for pod2g. hes done what pretty much no one else has done and he just wants to make sure its rock solid before throwing it out there. end of the day if he released something that bricked millions of phones how do you think his reputation would suffer? Public Enemy?

The guys a hero!

If it works, and i can get confirmation of it...im going to pay for it. Simple as that.

The JB is complete, the tool has been tested on everything the only device that doesnnt work is the ATV3.

Musclenerd released some notes to give an indication of a release date so im not saying that the tool is or isnt ready but surley if its been tested on multipul devices this would be done by now. Red snow is the most common tool unless they have designed their own?

Why would you pay for something that is going to be released for free in the next few days?! If it was completed, they would release it - simple as that really. They have a lot of devices to test on so it's bound to take time. Plus, what many people are forgetting is that jailbreaking isn't pod2g's "job", it's a project that he does when he has time to work on it.

Back
Top Bottom