Are Croissant's pointless? (Breakfast)

Caporegime
Anyone regularly eat these for breakfast? Super calorific/fatty and yet don't fill you up at all.

Just ate 4 smallish ones, sliced down the middle and spread in the middle with strawberry jam (even more calories, yay) and literally 30 minutes later I am hungry again.

Don't get me wrong, they taste great but they aren't satisfying at all. Like eating a bag of crisps.

Usual breakfast is 2 Weetabix husks with 0% fat Icelandic Yoghurt - Sometimes with a few bran flakes to bulk it out, or a sliced banana on top. That keeps me going for literally hours on end.

Associate
Croissant with scrambled egg, sausage and some baked beans will get you through the morning.

Oats, some berries, peanut butter - gets you a few hours. Common box cereal is going to leave you hungry in less than an hour.

Soldato
They're not a breakfast to fill you up. For me they are more pastry you have when sitting in a nice café somewhere, I'm gonna pluck a figure and say 99% of croissants are awful.

OG

OG

Associate
As above, croissants are definitely not a breakfast meal. A good croissant is something to be treasured (especially in the UK) and best enjoyed as a mid morning snack with a coffee of some sort.

Side note - https://theundergroundbakery.co.uk/ has been the best croissant I think I've found in the UK, baked fresh every morning and the size/lamination is great.

Back
Top Bottom