Are India and Pakistan about to have another showdown?

Soldato
They go to war every 20 years or so - '47 - '65 - '71 (Creation of Bangladesh) - '99 etc (all started by Pakistan and all "won" by India) so we're due another one.

Man of Honour
I don't find a lot to laugh about in this situation but I had to have a gallows chuckle when I read a US statement saying that India and Pakistan "agreed not to use the weapons we sold them on each other".

I think a lot of the US military hardware sold to India is China facing anyhow. Though certainly both sides have already used plenty of US hardware in the skirmishes, etc. going on :s

B&W

B&W

Soldato
Just got back today from Pakistan. I was staying near the border heard the jets and the explosions.

Pakistan has endured 70,000 casualties since 2001 due to terrorism, they have suffered far more then India.

The suicide bombing was done by a Kashmiri youth, not Pakistani. Why? Same as the Tamil Tigers/Palestine there is a legitimate reason for it.

Was there Pakistani backing? Maybe. Does India back separatist movements such as the Balochistan bs? Yes. Do they commit terrorism? Yes.

When I.Khan said show us the proof why did they only do so after the pilot was captured?

When I.Khan phoned Modi why did he not reply?

Peace has been offered from Pakistan, India know they have more strength in numbers and like typical bullies are not replying back with same intentions.

Well whatever they do, Pakistan will give a good account for itself. As proved so far, 2 jets down 1 pilot captured.

Carry on Bharat, with your strength in money and numbers it didn't count for ****. Egg on your face.

Soldato
Just got back today from Pakistan. I was staying near the border heard the jets and the explosions.

Pakistan has endured 70,000 casualties since 2001 due to terrorism, they have suffered far more then India.

The suicide bombing was done by a Kashmiri youth, not Pakistani. Why? Same as the Tamil Tigers/Palestine there is a legitimate reason for it.

Was there Pakistani backing? Maybe. Does India back separatist movements such as the Balochistan bs? Yes. Do they commit terrorism? Yes.

When I.Khan said show us the proof why did they only do so after the pilot was captured?

When I.Khan phoned Modi why did he not reply?

Peace has been offered from Pakistan, India know they have more strength in numbers and like typical bullies are not replying back with same intentions.

Well whatever they do, Pakistan will give a good account for itself. As proved so far, 2 jets down 1 pilot captured.

Carry on Bharat, with your strength in money and numbers it didn't count for ****. Egg on your face.

Interesting to get a post from someone with a bit closer knowledge of the situation. Do you think things will deescalate or do think things will continue to get worse?

Soldato
It's just political for Modi votes. The missiles didn't hit any camp. Just a bunch of trees in a forest near a village. There are no reports of any deaths. Pictures on the internet.

Pakistan supposedly lodging a complaint with the UN for 'eco-terrorism' :D

Nothing will happen. Pakistan has already responded by giving the pilot back as a way of peace offering.

Caporegime
It's just political for Modi votes. The missiles didn't hit any camp. Just a bunch of trees in a forest near a village. There are no reports of any deaths. Pictures on the internet.

Pakistan supposedly lodging a complaint with the UN for 'eco-terrorism' :D

Nothing will happen. Pakistan has already responded by giving the pilot back as a way of peace offering.

Lol. If they do that it will be brilliant.

B&W

B&W

Soldato
Interesting to get a post from someone with a bit closer knowledge of the situation. Do you think things will deescalate or do think things will continue to get worse?

Depends on Modi and India, Pakistan don't want war I guess India don't either but there government has an ideology similar to Hindu extremists like the RSS who have been "reconverting" Christians and Muslims to Hinduism while the government turns a blind eye.

It's got a bit to do with the upcoming elections, he wants to be seen as the strongman.

Shelling and the Loc violations will continue, they've been going on for years.

And the kashmiris will carry on until they either get independence or justice.

Associate
India seem to be responding stoutly to Pakistan's actions in Kashmir, does it bode badly for even less stability or even another all out war? With Brexit making the running in the UK media it hasn't had a huge amount of air time given the potential for something serious to occur at any moment.

it wasnt Pakistan but some 'terrorists' - do you attribute all the killings happening recently in UK to Prime minister or whole of UK? - its BS to think that a country should know what is being done.. and besides 60 years of aggression by India (i.e. killing/brutalities in Kashmir would do that to you. ever wondered why there have been no such reports from Pakistan Administered Kashmir? )

Associate
I don't think it would take much for Middle Eastern countries to throw some assistance at one the world's largest Muslim countries - but hopefully I'm wrong
most of M.E countries are a sell out - they dont care about palestinian suffering and have secret deal with the devil i.e Israel plus they have ganged up on Qatar - i doubt they would give two hoots over Pakistan.. Being muslim means nothing.. (thanks to the western influence!)

Associate
So what I'm taking away from this is Pakistan's response to being accused of harbouring terrorists (again) is to retaliate to no damage being caused by India by shooting down 2 Indian planes.

Seems legit.

harbouring terrorists? they didnt know osama was living in pakistan - nor when USA came and apparently killed him.. that should give you a clue about how much they really know.. i dont think any of the western countries would stand by and do nothing if someone went into their territory and shot at barren land - there would be major consequences - 9/11 happened and USA destroyed all of AFGHANISTAN probably killed far more people that died in 9/11... but hey ho-- because its west we are supposed to not question it.. :/

and apparently those planes ventured into Pakistani territory!

Man of Honour
Depends on Modi and India, Pakistan don't want war I guess India don't either but there government has an ideology similar to Hindu extremists like the RSS who have been "reconverting" Christians and Muslims to Hinduism while the government turns a blind eye.

It's got a bit to do with the upcoming elections, he wants to be seen as the strongman.

Shelling and the Loc violations will continue, they've been going on for years.

And the kashmiris will carry on until they either get independence or justice.

The response to the initial bombing certainly seemed more like for domestic consumption with a bit of an arrogant assumption there wouldn't be any significant Pakistani response - did they get that wrong. Unfortunately like with Brexit and racism there seems to be some emboldening of certain factions within Pakistan with these events that might not go back in the box so easily.

Things seem to be sliding back towards some semblance of normal from what I can see but it won't take much right now to reignite it all over again.

EDIT: I'm kind of concerned as Modi seems to have outplayed himself and Khan seems to be intimating that in the face of provocation his influence only stretches so far.

Back
Top Bottom