Are India and Pakistan about to have another showdown?

Soldato
If Pakistan is harbouring terrorists then it's difficult to support retaliation, that said India should be sharing their intelligence so Pakistan can deal with the camps themselves, assuming they don't already know about them which is hard to believe., and if they do know but refuse to do anything about then i have no sympathy at all for them.

IF?? AQ in Afghanistan was basically a division of Pakistani ISI.

Associate
India have egg on their face after their jet was shot down by the Pakistani army. Pakistan have repeatedly said they don't want to seek war, only peace, dialogue and intelligence co-operation, but are compelled to act when attacked by foreign forces attack their airspace for a 2nd time (the first time they let a squadron of 12 Indian fighters go). As a gesture of peace, they are releasing the captured pilot and have looked after him well, with tea and polite meetings with the top brass. Even the captured pilot says he has been treated like a gentleman.

I wish Pakistan and it's people well, they have propped up our economy for generations. We owe them a great debt. The Pakistani air force in particular rank amongst the world's best. I think the Indian government is simply wrong to act in this manner.

Last edited:
Soldato
India have egg on their face after their jet was shot down by the Pakistani army. Pakistan have repeatedly said they don't want to seek war, only peace, dialogue and intelligence co-operation, but are compelled to act when attacked by foreign forces attack their airspace for a 2nd time (the first time they let a squadron of 12 Indian fighters go). As a gesture of peace, they are releasing the captured pilot and have looked after him well, with tea and polite meetings with the top brass. Even the captured pilot says he has been treated like a gentleman.

I wish Pakistan and it's people well, they have propped up our economy for generations. We owe them a great debt. The Pakistani air force in particular rank amongst the world's best. I think the Indian government is simply wrong to act in this manner.
Amazing post mate, really nailed the sarcasm. I especially like the part where a prisoner of war claims he's having a jolly great time while being held hostage.

Caporegime
I don't know how anyone can really support Pakistan in this instance - they've spent years funding this particular group specifically with the intent of using them to attack India. That has been their policy for a while, attack India indirectly through the use of asymmetric warfare and over the years they've mostly got away with it - they're both nuclear armed nations now and neither really wants to risk a conventional war that could easily escalate into a nuclear one and they've banked on these attacks not generating a conventional response, until now.

They can't keep on prodding India like this, the loss of 40 troops is rather hard to ignore and the risk of a response was always there... this time they got the response and I can't really fault India for wanting to target the group responsible. In the same way as I can't really fault the US for targeting Bin Laden given what he was ultimately responsible for in NYC on 9/11.

Pakistan has launched a retaliatory strike against India which seemed to involved dropping ordinance on nothing but countryside - while there are of course Hindu extremists within India strangely enough there aren't really equivalent groups funded by the Indian government to carry out attacks in Pakistan and whose bases the Pakistani airforce might target... so they fired on countryside as a response - if they'd fired on the Indian military then that would obviously have been an escalation on their part and could quite rightly generate another Indian response.

If Pakistan wants to avoid this issue in future then perhaps they ought to stop funding Islamist groups, otherwise I can't see why they have any right to complain when others chose to bomb via planes or drones or send troops into their territory in places where these groups are based.

Associate
For insight in to this event, we need only consult the prophesies of the new-New Testament of Y2Ks Deus Ex.

GBR3ay0.jpg

Associate
Amazing post mate, really nailed the sarcasm. I especially like the part where a prisoner of war claims he's having a jolly great time while being held hostage.

Actually, his interview is on youtube, where he thanks the armed forces for rescuing him from 'the mob', met the top brass over a cuppa, says he is being treated like an absolute gentleman by the armed forces and expects his nation to do the same if the circumstances were reversed. He is also resolute that he will not change his statement on his return which must be a blow to his fellow countrymen who have not only had the shame of being shown up, but now have their wing commander blowing sweet kisses on the 'enemy' :D What more proof do you need? And no, he was not under duress, though his initial capture was a little rough it has to be said.

Associate
I don't know how anyone can really support Pakistan in this instance - they've spent years funding this particular group specifically with the intent of using them to attack India. That has been their policy for a while, attack India indirectly through the use of asymmetric warfare and over the years they've mostly got away with it - they're both nuclear armed nations now and neither really wants to risk a conventional war that could easily escalate into a nuclear one and they've banked on these attacks not generating a conventional response, until now.

They can't keep on prodding India like this, the loss of 40 troops is rather hard to ignore and the risk of a response was always there... this time they got the response and I can't really fault India for wanting to target the group responsible. In the same way as I can't really fault the US for targeting Bin Laden given what he was ultimately responsible for in NYC on 9/11.

Pakistan has launched a retaliatory strike against India which seemed to involved dropping ordinance on nothing but countryside - while there are of course Hindu extremists within India strangely enough there aren't really equivalent groups funded by the Indian government to carry out attacks in Pakistan and whose bases the Pakistani airforce might target... so they fired on countryside as a response - if they'd fired on the Indian military then that would obviously have been an escalation on their part and could quite rightly generate another Indian response.

If Pakistan wants to avoid this issue in future then perhaps they ought to stop funding Islamist groups, otherwise I can't see why they have any right to complain when others chose to bomb via planes or drones or send troops into their territory in places where these groups are based.

This is a highly intelligent post, though irrespective of the 'rights' and 'wrongs', the USA (world's greatest democracy, military, economy etc.) have been funding/arming dodgy/highly dubious groups for generations so is probably no different in this respect along with Iran. However, you cannot simply attack a nuclear armed sovereign nation directly - it would be like Argentina sending 12 fighters and dropping their payload on the Falklands because they felt their nation was under economic threat from exploitative oil exploration in the region from ex-colonial powers.

Soldato
This is a highly intelligent post, though irrespective of the 'rights' and 'wrongs', the USA (world's greatest democracy, military, economy etc.) have been funding/arming dodgy/highly dubious groups for generations so is probably no different in this respect along with Iran. However, you cannot simply attack a nuclear armed sovereign nation directly - it would be like Argentina sending 12 fighters and dropping their payload on the Falklands because they felt their nation was under economic threat from exploitative oil exploration in the region from ex-colonial powers.

Argentina has 12 fighters?

Back
Top Bottom