Are students upset by everything?

Caporegime
Honestly? A comedian who was booked to perform at School of African and Oriental Studies (SOAS) pulled out after he was told he would have to sign a behavioural agreement with regards to his performance.

It was organised by students union UNICEF, who said he would have to sign the agreement in order to perform. They have apologised but the agreement had me in stitches. I know we're not allowed to say the S word any more, but it looks like its been written by the worlds biggest one.

2brPe4Al.jpg

Are there any ism's or phobia's left? They appear to have covered just about every single one.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-46541002

Soldato
Comedians (the good ones) haven't been playing the 'university circuit' for several years now, because of how utterly pathetic the whole situation is.

Can anyone else feel a pushback starting though against the cretinous regressive left that has infected the west like a joy sucking virus? I feel like the quiet billy normals, the silent majority, might finally be reaching a tipping point. It needs to happen soon as this utter banal **** has to end.

Caporegime
Yeah it is a farce, a former SNL writer Nimesh Patel got kicked off stage by students at Columbia University in the US at an event for Asian American students:

https://www.columbiaspectator.com/n...standup-routine-for-jokes-deemed-offensive-2/

During the event, Patel’s performance featured commentary on his experience living in a diverse area of New York City—including a joke about a gay, black man in his neighborhood—which AAA officials deemed inappropriate. Patel joked that being gay cannot be a choice because “no one looks in the mirror and thinks, ‘this black thing is too easy, let me just add another thing to it.’”

About 30 minutes into Patel’s set, members of AAA interrupted the performance, denounced his jokes about racial identities and sexual orientation, and provided him with a few moments for closing remarks. Compared to his other jokes, ones specifically targeting sexual orientation audibly receive less laughter from the crowd.

Patel pushed back on the officials’ remarks, and said that while he stood in solidarity with Asian American identities, none of his remarks were offensive, and he was exposing the audience to ideas that would be found “in the real world.” Before he could finish, Patel’s microphone was cut from off-stage, and he proceeded to leave.

That is the thing that bugs me about SJWs, they're just not thinking a lot of the time and being triggered by certain words/topics etc.. Patel is a pretty liberal guy, the joke he has told is coming from a fairly liberal perspective and is anti the conservative stance that being gay is just some lifestyle choice etc.. ostensibly he's telling a joke that is both amusing and on point in acknowledging that being both black and gay can lead to discrimination and that being gay isn't a choice. But people don't want to think anymore, just the mere fact he made a joke involving that subject is enough for some identity politics/SJW types to get triggered and remove him from the stage.

Man of Honour
Quite a few liberal comedians I follow have talked about this, it’s bizzare that people get so offended over a comedy set. It’s almost like they’ve never listened to a comedian as they tend to like getting a reaction from the audience with somewhat offensive jokes.

That said a children’s society function probably isn’t the place for non-pc jokes, even if it’s a somewhat ‘progresssive’ joke. Know your audiance.

Soldato
The issue is people are really sheeple,, one strong leader stands up and says anything we all follow... Hitler says Jews were bad a nation kills Jews ... Not every hair brain idea gets that far but the general idea is the same.. Leader stands up with mental idea people follow.. The better the leader the more that follow

Soldato
Welcome to now. Being offended by everything is fashion. Frozen waterflakes love to get attention on social media over it.

By signing that there is literally no way to be funny.

I think if I was me I'd get drunk, go in and be as offensive as possible just to make a point and entertain myself :D

Last edited:

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Comedians (the good ones) haven't been playing the 'university circuit' for several years now, because of how utterly pathetic the whole situation is.

Sean Lock was at Lancaster last week.

Soldato
I think the problem isn’t that all students are upset by everything these days, it’s just that everyone seems to want to give the ones that are a voice/platform to moan from.. Tarring then all with the same brush probably doesn’t help.

Back
Top Bottom