Are Super Flower still decent?

Man of Honour
Hi all,

Bought my PC 3 years ago, and at the time was recommended to go with a Super Flower Leadex II PSU. Went with the 550W, that was more than enough for what I needed. I'm now looking to upgrade to a 2080Ti so the 550W won't be enough went paired with a 3900X. I'm looking at getting the 750W Leadex III, partly because the current PSU has been so good but also, because my wiring in my case is so tidy and hidden away with cable ties and clips etc, I thought that sticking with the same brand/model would mean I could just swap the PSU but use the same cables so not have to re-do it all

I've noticed that the Seasonic Focus seem to be the ones that everyone recommends but if Super Flower are still a solid brand, I'll stick with them

Thanks

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I have the Superflower Leadex III 750w and it's a cracking psu. I have the fan mode set to the middle setting and I don't think the fan has even come on yet. The cables are all black with black plugs and look very nice. Most important of all is that there are no poxy led's in the plugs anymore!!

Man of Honour
OP
I have the Superflower Leadex III 750w and it's a cracking psu. I have the fan mode set to the middle setting and I don't think the fan has even come on yet. The cables are all black with black plugs and look very nice. Most important of all is that there are no poxy led's in the plugs anymore!!

...awkward. I really liked those :p

:D But sounds like they are still great PSU's judging by the replies, so I'll crack on and buy it, thanks all

Soldato

Yes!!! The LED lights inside the plugs were a pain in the back side back in the day, I had a windowed case and didn't realise until I powered on and BAM!! They ain't exactly small and dim :p

Soldato
Leadexes are definitely good.
SuperFlower just isn't that hot in warranty length fallnig behind from that expected from high quality PSUs.
Also doubt that they give any direct support for consumers.

Lower models are more random/somewhat question marks in component quality with not much of reviews about them.
Platinum King uses at best second tier caps in secondary and in awful positions for keeping them cool.

Soldato
I thought that sticking with the same brand/model would mean I could just swap the PSU but use the same cables so not have to re-do it alls
Unless model is precisely same, or you've gotten confirmation from maker abotu same cables, it's best to avoid using cables of another PSU.

Back
Top Bottom