Are the budget XFX PSUs any good ?

Man of Honour
It is what it is and that's a budget psu with no special features. It has 360w on a single 12v rail and is the only XFX psu series designed by Seasonic but not built by them. They are actually outsourced to another manufacturer, Shenzhen Rui Sheng Yuan who also build some of Superflowers budget units. It's not brilliant but it's not rubbish either. I wouldn't buy one and would want something more efficient if it's being used 24/7 but it should easily be enough power for your needs.

Soldato
OP
It is what it is and that's a budget psu with no special features. It has 360w on a single 12v rail and is the only XFX psu series designed by Seasonic but not built by them. They are actually outsourced to another manufacturer, Shenzhen Rui Sheng Yuan who also build some of Superflowers budget units. It's not brilliant but it's not rubbish either. I wouldn't buy one and would want something more efficient if it's being used 24/7 but it should easily be enough power for your needs.
Any reccomendations ?

One of the cheap Kolink units would even be fine for that spec. You are not going to be putting much load on the psu. I would say you can half that 200W estimate.

I wouldn't touch the kolink. :)

Man of Honour
The cheapest and smallest capacity Gold rated psu on here is the Superflower Golden Green HX 350w which add's another £15 on top. It has a longer warranty at 5 years but it's too much money for what it as the 450w version is only a extra £6. The 350w version could do with being a fiver cheaper. It's still way more power than you will ever use for that setup but there doesn't seem to be any smaller capacity gold rated units on sale anywhere.

Soldato
OP
well this weeks "this week only" deal couldn't have fallen at a better time.
The only question now is which superflower PSU should I buy ?

350w Gold - £39.99
450w Gold - £44.99
450w Platinum - £49.99

Soldato
OP
It arrived I fitted it, its quiet and the system works :)
I was 1 SATA connector short so had to use an adapter.

1 thing I didn't even consider was the amount of connectors I would be needing. oops/

Back
Top Bottom