Are the z270 mono blocks compatible with the z370s

Associate
"Many have assumed that Coffee Lake can be supported on older Intel mainboards because of their use of a common socket, but that cannot be further from the truth. Yes, both Z270 and Z370 use LGA 1151 CPU sockets but the similarities end whenever you look at exactly what each pin is used for. "

The socket type is identical thus all coolers should fit by the sound of it :)

Associate
OP
Its not really the socket
"Many have assumed that Coffee Lake can be supported on older Intel mainboards because of their use of a common socket, but that cannot be further from the truth. Yes, both Z270 and Z370 use LGA 1151 CPU sockets but the similarities end whenever you look at exactly what each pin is used for. "

The socket type is identical thus all coolers should fit by the sound of it :)

Its not the socket i'm concerned about. Its whether the motherboard blocks will fit the same to cool the vrms etc.

Associate
Its not really the socket

Its not the socket i'm concerned about. Its whether the motherboard blocks will fit the same to cool the vrms etc.
Sorry I totally misread your post.

Every board is slightly different I highly doubt any monoblock will fit more than one model of main board.
Sorry again!

Associate
OP
Sorry I totally misread your post.

Every board is slightly different I highly doubt any monoblock will fit more than one model of main board.
Sorry again!

No problem.

Apparently the Maximus H 9 Monoblock fits it.

This is according the EKWB configuration website so it should be reliable info

Soldato
If you look at the EK tables many of the confirmations just say visual not physical anyway... if the sockets the same and VRMs in the same position the monoblock is good to go.

I already ordered the z270 Apex block because there was only 1 left :)

Associate
OP
If you look at the EK tables many of the confirmations just say visual not physical anyway... if the sockets the same and VRMs in the same position the monoblock is good to go.

I already ordered the z270 Apex block because there was only 1 left :)

Nice I will be fitting my maximus hero 9 block to the mobo tomorrow shall let you know how it goes!

Associate
keep us up 2 date if it works ok on it stuck with my build for a few week just need 2 decide what cooler i want and get a graphics card but got a pre binned 8700k but its just sat there doing nothing lol

Associate
OP
Yep I can confirm that the z270 block fits the z370 hero also and it looks awesome
Xi9z8Nz4GPA

Back
Top Bottom