1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are we marching towards an oblivion?

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by Evole, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Colonel_Klinck

Hitman

I think we are but I honestly think it will be climate change that will end up driving any big future conflicts. Large parts of the US might be in denial, I’m not sure if that is ignorance, short term greed or a mixture of both but I’ll side with the 99% of climate scientists.

I’ve no skin in the game as I don’t have kids and don’t plan on having any but I feel for people having kids now and seeing very little to nothing being done to get control of it.
    TBH unless we can mature as a species and quickly (something I very much doubt) then perhaps a huge decline in human population is the best thing that can happen for the planet and it’s other species. It’s just not going to be a pleasant experience for future generations as sea levels rise, extreme weather patterns become more common and famines/water shortages strike.

20 years ago I was slightly envious of future generations, the way tech was progressing and the possibilities of exploring the solar system. Now I think the outlook over the next 50 years is bleak.

Then shorterm we have the rise of authoritarian regimes. Russia sabre rattling with its eyes on regaining lost territory and dividing the West. China becoming more and more a power house and its hunger for more and more resources. These are perilous times and sadly we lack the leadership who are up to the task. Fingers crossed that changes and soon.

2. Evosparki

Gangster

Sorry, I don't tend to troll peoples backgrounds to find out more about them. I just respond to peoples comments, as we all do.
    Apologies.

I still stand by the notion though that you're a defeatist ;)
    Don't feel bad or anything, there's nothing wrong with being a defeatist these days it seems according to millennial teachings at schools and universities.
    FYI I am a defeatist these days. I don't care. Patriotism is completely lost.

3. Tombstone

Capodecina

Thats ok, it takes all sorts, those who are quick to judge and those who find out about a person before judging them. Variety is the spice of life and all that. Its a shame that you've fallen into the former rather than the latter but hey ho, people are people.

Hope you find a way to overcome your defeatism.

4. Evosparki

Gangster

I agree except:
    Russia: Its not rattling the west, rather the west is rattling Russia.
    The west is accepting gay relations, multiple (unnatural) genders, and things, that are simply not of natural life balance.
    Environmental hardship is near, and yet all our society is doing is figuring out more ways to accept more easier ways of living.
    If science knowledge falls then we've lost generations of knowledge.

We here on this forum absolutely love computer and internet "stuff", but in reality, push comes to shove- most if not all of us we will be among the first to die out in an environmental catastrophe.

The rich/elite have more than likely secured their lifeboats for a worst case scenario.

5. Colonel_Klinck

Hitman

It isn't the West invading the Ukraine and annexing Crimea, interfering in the internal politics of Georgia, all of the Baltic nations and all of Europe and the US using social media attacks on elections. Murdering people in the UK with polonium and novichok. It is all laid out in Foundations of Geopolitics which is taught in some school and officer training in the armed forces. Putin wants a return to the old Soviet borders and to divide the West. We are fools to think he isn't one of the most dangerous men in the world today. He has also raped his own country and citizens of the countries wealth. Russia is in the hands a few uber rich criminals while the people don't get to benefit of its abundant natural resources, opposition politicians are imprisoned or murdered as are journalists.

I'm not sure what to make of your second point. Unnatural? WTF? Are you god squad or what?

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
  6. Evosparki

Gangster

I'm not sure what you're asking of my second point? Unnatural? - as in, I'm guessing my reference to homosexual relations that relates to LGBT - ie surgeon based gender reassignment? - that is, if not for science?
    Well, due to political correctness I am no longer able to view my opinion any further on that point or else the forum mods would have to ban me regardless of if they agree with me or not.
    So...
    Glad to see our grandparents went to WW2 for this - um our way of life. I'm sure they'd still feel proud every single one of them.
    Wonder how the next world war would turn out. Thong wedgies to men would be full of fun! Loving it lads!

7. Colonel_Klinck

Hitman

Our grandparents went to war so we could live free. I have 3 cousins who are gay and several friends. It has **** all to do with "political correctness". People are free to live their life how they want, what business is it of yours? You seem to want to live in the past but remember one of those men that helped win the war was gay and because of his horrific treatment by the State he killed himself and we lost a great mind of that generation. You know what I'm done, bigots aren't worth my time. Enjoy your narrow minded life.

8. Evosparki

Gangster

Exactly they fought so we could live free - for democracy and our way of life without intrusion of other cultures. Political correctness has everything to do with it - it severely demonises freedom of speech without a shadow of a doubt.
    What business has it of mine? Its to do with all of us?! not just mine?
    You're using the example of one gay person to justify the acceptance for all gay people.
    What I'm saying is what happens during environmental hardship? - when there is no surgeon to provide for some transgender physical change just because some bloke fancies wearing a woman's tights and wants to chop off his man bits?
    Humanity needs to colonise other planets first before it starts prioritising peoples gender feelings. Or else humanity is dead and buried anyways. How is this not plain obvious these days? Right now we are no where near sending other people to other distant sustainable planets.

Omg, humanity is an out and out lost cause. Absolutely brain dead.

9. sityeuropa

Wise Guy

Orange man bad.

10. StriderX

Capodecina

That’s not sc worthy. Expand or don’t bother.

11. Colonel_Klinck

Hitman

FFS yeah of course it was the good old Tommie that won the war. Well them and all the other cultures we'd invaded around the world, forced our culture on them and then asked/forced them to fight a war for us. I mean the largest volunteer army that has ever been was a mixture of Hindus, Sikhs and Muslims. I do hate how so many Brits forget that without the likes of the Indians and Africans we would have got our arses handed to us in some campaigns. We then invited them to this country to help rebuild it and that is exactly what they did and even though they had to endure racist ***** they made a success of themselves. Indians gave us a national cuisine ffs.

I don't need to use an example of one gay person to justify anyone. What is wrong with you?? You sound like a ******* nazi who'd march anyone who doesn't conform to your norm off to the camps. These are human beings with just as much right to live their lives in health and happiness as anyone else.

I tell you what I wish would happen if times of environmental hardship, I hope you are right at the back of the queue. You bigoted ****.

12. Yadda

Wise Guy

The fash was particularly strong last night. Must be the weather.

13. 4K8KW10

Soldato

TBH, this is a complicated question. Depends on how one defines them. Can be described as both.

14. The_Abyss

Capodecina

Well, why don't you enlighten us and explain your thinking.

15. 4K8KW10

Soldato

16. The_Abyss

Capodecina

You haven’t explained your thinking and view. You’ve just linked a load of YouTube videos.

Perhaps you’re better suited to a GD level discussion.

17. 4K8KW10

Soldato

Someones are helping us by protecting us from self-destruction and destroying the life on Earth. There is no much here to be explained more than this.

18. billysielu

Capodecina

It's 3G/4G resulting in everyone using the internet/apps on their phones. People who control the news cycle see it as a massive opportunity to brainwash everyone. So basically on every issue you have people willing to fight each other. Trump vs Clinton. Leave vs Remain. Pro-life vs Pro-choice. Feminism vs Men. Israel vs Palestine. Etc.

We gotta shut it all down. Social media is a publisher not a platform, problem solved.

19. 4K8KW10

Soldato

I don't use my phone - it is extremely inconvenient for me because of its small size.

The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), 5 U.S.C. § 552, is a federal freedom of information law that requires the full or partial disclosure of previously unreleased information and documents controlled by the United States government upon request. The Act defines agency records subject to disclosure, outlines mandatory disclosure procedures, and defines nine exemptions to the statute.[1][2] President Lyndon B. Johnson, despite his misgivings,[3][4] signed the Freedom of Information Act into law on July 4, 1966, and it went into effect the following year.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_Information_Act_(United_States)

20. Colonel_Klinck

Hitman

I do agree social media is a major problem. It has become so huge so quickly that legislation hasn’t stood a chance of keeping up. We were foolish to think these companies could regulate themselves, they are only interested in profit and growing their company/brand. Some clever lawmakers need to take a serious look at this issue and figure a way to stop it being weaponised. Maybe a big part of that is education of the population as well, as far too many people believe what they read on social media, especially if it backs up their own bias.