1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you going to vote in local elections on May 2nd?

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by Cromulent, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Dolph

Man of Honour

Not under the current leader and brexit policy, neither the lib Dems or the SNP would sign up with corbyn's labour.

Of course, if they ditch corbyn and their brexit policy, Labour wouldn't need a coalition partner.

2. No1newts

Capodecina

And that's the problem with people from the UK, someone says something in a posh accent and we swoon and blindly follow.

3. azazl187

Wise Guy

One does not simply follow, one will lead the masses

4. No1newts

Capodecina

:D

5. Mercenary Keyboard Warrior

Sgarrista

I watched that QT when he said that, and to be honest he didn't come across very well at all that night.

6. No1newts

Capodecina

He didn't and what the poster and video neatly clipped was the moment he had a completed screaming hissy fit because someone disagreed with him. Yet because he has a posh accent people clap and agree, it's sadly British.

7. V F

Capodecina

Tony Blair swooned them for 13 years (even appeared in the Simpsons and Eastenders supposedly) as did Barack Obama swoon the population for 8 years but it wasn't posh accents that did it. It's the charm they know how to play the population.

As for Question Time and elections in general, most people are fickle. People on Question Time will usually always clap two different extreme answers on the same question. It's always usually and mostly the last speaker that makes the result. It is always why the politicians want their point or statement out at the last part of the show. Since most people usually remember the end.

As for Caroline Lucas, she's hardly a sane person. https://youtu.be/lXnfYjWmnNE

8. Cern

Mobster

She was prepared to protest and be arrested for her beliefs. Why does that make her not sane?

Should a sitting MP break the law, even for a cause that many would agree with? Well that's certainly a valid discussion. But I don't see why her sanity should be in question unless it's just a lazy attempt to smear her?

9. Evangelion

Capodecina

I'll probably give them a miss this year.

10. V F

Capodecina

She's a tree hugger. She'd rather have us sit with candles. Plus her whole manner. She is always antsy over most things, like a petulant child.

11. StriderX

Capodecina

Why would she do that when she supports renewable energy? Do you really think she’s anti electronics?

12. Cern

Mobster

I see you have a balanced and nuanced view on this. I'm interested in hearing what your problem is with protecting and promoting the planting of trees given their role in controlling carbon emissions and as a wildlife habitat? And where in the Green Party manifesto does it mention we need to switch to candle power?

13. D.P.

Caporegime

As it stands neither Labour nor Tories would get a majority, I highly expect Labour would have the most seats by a small margin but would be far short. The Tories have no options to form a majority. While the LibDems and SNP claim they wont work with Labour under labours current position, I am sure they would all support a supply nd confidence deal if Labour offered a (brexit) referendum and some other sweeteners in case of Brexit. Im sure the SNP will ask for an indy ref which labour would refuse.

If no majority can be formed through any means then I believe the next step is simply another referendum. Hard to predict what would happen next but the 2 main parties would probably gain seats. I doubt it will make things any better for the likes of the lib dems.

For these tertiary parties their only way forwards is through coalition. They can choose Tory or Labour, and Labour is a far easier buy-in for them. But then the libdems should have done that last time

14. Cromulent

Mobster

I don't think the Lib Dems will make the same mistake again.

15. Bluntwrapped

Mobster

Question time is full of plants and is only there to parrot and reinforce the British establishment/MSM consensus.

The BBC should be ignored on all occasions.

16. Dolph

Man of Honour

What alternative would you suggest?

17. RedvGreen

Mobster

RT or Russia-1 ? :D:rolleyes:

18. Cromulent

Mobster

The Financial Times is a great source for news.

19. Bluntwrapped

Mobster

As much as it grates on my nerves to say it.. Social Media is one of the few platforms to distinguish genuine public feeling from establishment propaganda. International media manage quite well too.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/inew...act-of-radical-social-engineering-report/amp/

Would the BBC ever discuss the ridiculousness of the situation - when the poor start blaming the poor for all life’s problems?

Social Engineering hits the nail on the head.

Britain is and always has been rotten to the core. Unfortunately it’s so inconvenient, most don’t want to know.

Last edited: May 6, 2019
  20. Cromulent

Mobster

It is sad when people on benefits are blamed for all of the nation's problems even given the fact that it is immeasurably harder to get benefits than it was 10 or 20 years ago. Often the people on benefits are the ones that need the most help from society. What they don't need is to be labelled scroungers.