1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: Are you going to vote in the European Elections?

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by BowdonUK, May 6, 2019.

?

Who will you be voting for?

Poll closed May 23, 2019.
  1. Conservative

2 vote(s)
    0.8%
  2. Labour

8 vote(s)
    3.2%
  3. Liberal Democrat

143 vote(s)
    56.7%
  4. Brexit

58 vote(s)
    23.0%
  5. UKIP

7 vote(s)
    2.8%
  6. SNP

7 vote(s)
    2.8%
  7. Change UK

3 vote(s)
    1.2%
  8. Green

20 vote(s)
    7.9%
  9. DUP

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Plaid Cymru

1 vote(s)
    0.4%
  11. Independent

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Other party

3 vote(s)
    1.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkHorizon472

Mobster

The CCTV footage is actual evidence which suggests otherwise. Just because someone is a pensioner it does not mean they are scrupulously honest. Either could be lying in this case, the CCTV footage would instantly prove it.

2. GordyR

Mobster

The part I don't understand is how this whole notion of creating multiple small independent trade deals has managed to permeate popular opinion among brexiters, despite it's claimed benefits being an entirely fabricated notion by a small handful of politicians, and being completely in contradiction to all academic and economic opinion and evidence, and quite frankly, to basic common sense.

3. McstylisT

Wise Guy

Well yes i agree. Guess we will have to see on that.

4. Avenged7Fold

Capodecina

I mean, it's not like Farage and co towards EU representation has changed so why would it be any difference if they could have done this differently for the last decade under a different party name with the same attitude...

5. DarkHorizon472

Mobster

That would just be the start of the spending on resources to get everything we currently get from the EU. It costs a lot to duplicate it all and no one so far can explain what the benefits are to make this all worthwhile.

6. StriderX

Capodecina

Imagine thinking puritanical narcissists wouldn’t immediately use he EU to their own desires if they had majority power... farcical.

If farage and his homies across the continent had any inkling of that, they’d pretty much immediately turn the EU into a unregulated ********.

7. thenewoc

Mobster

But we've already voted to leave the EU so why would anyone want pro EU MEP's in a parliament were trying to vacate?

8. DarkHorizon472

Mobster

It’s called democracy through democratic elections.

9. thenewoc

Mobster

Of course, which is why people are voting for eurosceptic MEP's

10. McBain

Capodecina

No one, the card went in the bin the second it soiled my floor.

11. DarkHorizon472

Mobster

In democratic elections people can vote as they choose from the available options. In the UK I can understand the position of the Green Party, UKIP, Labour, Lib Dem’s, and to some extent the conservatives but it is clouded by their constant internal power struggle. The one I don’t understand and have asked on here many times is what are the economic benefits of the brexit party’s no deal WTO brexit. But this does not mean I think people have no democratic right to vote for it.

12. Mr Badger

Soldato

It might be the only thing the Brexit Party has actually been right about. :) I do know remainers that are still voting Labour, but the leavers seem to have jumped ship to the Brexit Party.

13. GordyR

Mobster

It's worse still...

The potential, even if ever fully realised after however many decades worth of negotiations, couldn't possibly come even close to our current arrangements. :(

14. thenewoc

Mobster

Of course they can, I for one wasn't suggesting they couldn't. I was responding to the suggestion by @Avenged7Fold that he seemed to be suggesting that we vote for pro EU MEP's even though we've already voted to leave the EU. How would we leave the EU if we were voting to put a pro EU set of MEP's into the EU parliament?

15. DarkHorizon472

Mobster

So far that is my view as well, I have asked posters like thenewroc to explain the alternative view but not had any detail at all so far. As always my view is not fixed but follows the known facts as events unfold.

16. DarkHorizon472

Mobster

Answer your own question, you will find it very useful.

17. thenewoc

Mobster

Personally I don't believe it would be useful to elect pro EU MEP's since they will more likely agree to legislation binding us tighter to the EU rather than us splitting.

18. Rotty

Don

yep, just looked at the betting odds and while I expected them to do well the bookies suggest a lot more

they are 1/50 to win most seats

19. Rilot

Don

My wife was turned away from the polling station. This is even though we did the application to vote in the UK and received confirmation well before the deadline. She even has EU settled status. Her name was on the list with a line through it.
    I’m absolutely ******* furious. This is totally unacceptable and disgusting.

20. Werewolf

Commissario

It's just as well that the "pro EU MEP's" don't get to decide national law and we in the UK have a veto that our own government can use then, isn't it?

21. JRS

Capodecina

:mad::mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.