1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: Are you going to vote in the European Elections?

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by BowdonUK, May 6, 2019.

?

Who will you be voting for?

Poll closed May 23, 2019.
  1. Conservative

2 vote(s)
    0.8%
  2. Labour

8 vote(s)
    3.2%
  3. Liberal Democrat

143 vote(s)
    56.7%
  4. Brexit

58 vote(s)
    23.0%
  5. UKIP

7 vote(s)
    2.8%
  6. SNP

7 vote(s)
    2.8%
  7. Change UK

3 vote(s)
    1.2%
  8. Green

20 vote(s)
    7.9%
  9. DUP

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Plaid Cymru

1 vote(s)
    0.4%
  11. Independent

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Other party

3 vote(s)
    1.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McstylisT

Wise Guy

Oh come on, you are not that naive surely. ???

Zero hrs contracts , not included.
    Dossers on government new deal scheme, not included.
    Thousands of illegal immigrants working , illegally propping up the figures. Not included.

It’s complete wool over eyes stats.

2. Mercenary Keyboard Warrior

Sgarrista

I'm not a CT nut job, I don't set out to assume everything is not true.

Lots of things lead me to conclude its not a lie.
    Tax receipts (which tend to track people in employment for obvious reasons), how hard its becoming to recruit people, I literally don't know anyone out of work who wants to get a job etc etc

Grow a spine, stop talking your country down, your some sort of weak wristed namby traitor. We are Great Britain!

3. McstylisT

Wise Guy

From this post many may disagree with you. But ok ........

We are Great Britain , we want to be great and this is the start of that journey.

Amusing how I give you a decent response that I’m sure you was aware of, and you completely side-step the answer and remoaned on me.

We’ve seen it all before I guess.

4. Nitefly

Man of Honour

... and Northern Ireland :p

5. Lord-Jaffa

Soldato

Results not in for this untill Sunday?

6. DarkHorizon472

Mobster

Yes, so it doesn’t influence the other European elections being held after today.

7. Cern

Mobster

Monday probably. Last countries to vote will be doing so on Sunday. There's a news blackout on reporting exit polls until then too, although I'm sure something is bound to get leaked somewhere before then.

8. Daftbrown

Wise Guy

How is great defined for you?

9. BowdonUK

Wise Guy

I think we had a chance to have a good brexit but the calibre of mp's is so low that it was never going to happen, and i'm someone who voted leave.

10. Nitefly

Man of Honour

Vegan robot - the only time one should NOT fight the machine \o/

11. a1ex2001

Capodecina

The unemployment figure is a fudge always has been because of the way we choose to report it. Nice explanation here

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp....ing-the-lie-used-to-create-the-numbers-2017-7

If the figure really was so low wages would be rising and the gig economy shrinking neither of those things is happening.

Your last paragraph is hilarious all this we are Great Britain nonsense harks back to a bygone age we have been a declining power since before the Second World War. Have a look at how bad our economy was before we joined the EU if you want proof!

12. Mercenary Keyboard Warrior

Sgarrista

Oh come on, a decent response it was a load of rubbish.
    We are already great, I don't know why some seem to think we aren't, their own life being poor maybe.

Under employed is not unemployed, you would have to ask every one of them if they wanted more work.
    Dossers, honestly this is hardly a lifestyle choice now for many, I mean its just not. BUt even so these are typically Brits so unless you want to go ultra authoritarian, forced fruit picking?, how are you going to change that.

Thousands of illegal immigrants. Ok so lets say thats true, although maybe a source would help us, got one for us? Thousands is insignificant. AND if you understood economics you would also understand that the ONLY impact of that is less government tax. These people still buy things, tehy still drive the economy, in fact arguably they drive it more as paying no (direct) tax they spend more.

So no you didn't answer it decently, you herp derped some mail headlines.
    What about the few points I gave you
    Do you not understand how high (unexpectedly) tax take lines up well with higher employment. And lower benefits payments indicates people not claiming?

13. D.P.

Caporegime

well, since they liekly wont ever turn up to the EU votes they will let themsleves be ignored just like what happen with the UKIP MEPs.

14. Mercenary Keyboard Warrior

Sgarrista

Its not that simple. And in plenty of sectors wages have risen fine. Take construction, one of the alledged sectors being supressed by Eu nationals, yet wages have risen a lot quickly.

Personally I see a lot now being tagged to minimum wage. Its like its become "acceptable wage".

Yes unemployment isnt a specific, its just impossible to do so. What I object to is blatant trolling on comments such as "Racking up", there were only a month or so ago also very high vacancies.

My last point was trolling a rabid brexiteer, its the sort of junk they trot out and not serious
    Although I do have a serious point, we are a great place to live.
    The great thing is interesting as its so old it has differing arguments as to the actual source ..

Great Britain is not a country; it’s a landmass. It is known as ‘Great’ because it is the largest island in the British Isles, and houses the countries of England, Scotland and Wales within its shores.

The name Britain derives from the Roman word Britannia, but there are two conflicting arguments about why the ‘Great’ was stuck on the front of it. The first is that it is used to distinguish Britain from its similar sounding, but much smaller French neighbour, Brittany. The second reason is due to the ego of a certain King James I, who wanted to make it abundantly clear that he wasn’t just the king of the old Roman Britain (which only included England and some of Wales), but of the entire island; thus he referred to himself as King of Great Britain.

15. Murphy

Wise Guy

Oh i needed a good laugh this morning, how exactly do you know there's thousands of illegal immigrants working, illegally propping up the figures, when by the vary nature of them illegally working there's no record of them.

16. VincentHanna

Capodecina

It's like those illegal immigrants somehow getting loads of benefits.

17. bayo000

Mobster

I wonder what fine/ punishment UK is likely to receive for failing to properly organise the election. Life sentence to stay in EU sounds good. :)

18. No1newts

Capodecina

When are the results due?

19. Freakbro

Capodecina

Shush Ivan

20. D.P.

Caporegime

And also these illegal immigrants must be paying taxes to be part of the official employment figure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.