1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: Are you going to vote in the European Elections?

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by BowdonUK, May 6, 2019.

?

Who will you be voting for?

Poll closed May 23, 2019.
  1. Conservative

2 vote(s)
    0.8%
  2. Labour

8 vote(s)
    3.2%
  3. Liberal Democrat

143 vote(s)
    56.7%
  4. Brexit

58 vote(s)
    23.0%
  5. UKIP

7 vote(s)
    2.8%
  6. SNP

7 vote(s)
    2.8%
  7. Change UK

3 vote(s)
    1.2%
  8. Green

20 vote(s)
    7.9%
  9. DUP

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Plaid Cymru

1 vote(s)
    0.4%
  11. Independent

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Other party

3 vote(s)
    1.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chroniclard

Capodecina

Failure to face facts is why we are in this mess. ;)

2. b0rn2sk8

Mobster

Not sure what BBC coverage you were watching but they discussed the Brexit party extensively including broadcasting Nigel's speech in full which didn't happen for other parties. They also had representation from all parties on the panel, they just rotated them out every so often as there was only 3 on at a time. I think it says more about your own bias than it does anything else.

This is the same narrative that both the left and the right constantly accuse the BBC of being biased one way or the other, it really can't be both.

3. Tony Edwards

Wise Guy

Just because they didnt shout "Goooaaalll" everytime BXP got a seat doesnt mean they barely mentioned them.

4. StriderX

Capodecina

I imagine he expects them to be fawned over as much as possible as he does, calling anything less than sycophancy the enemy is kinda cute if it wasn’t sad.

5. Slam62

Soldato

Would you accept that the Brexit party got more votes than any other party?

Hence the package they presented was more popular than that of any other party.

Because of the current system you cannot cherry pick policies.

6. Tony Edwards

Wise Guy

Ill assume you accept that only 32% voted for no deal or brexit as well then. As that was their only message. If that had been a referendum leave would not have won on 32%

7. Slam62

Soldato

Sorry, this is incorrect, I voted Blair in and have never heard of the ukrp
    I would say Blair won because he banged a good drum and became tory light. Education, education, education

8. Tony Edwards

Wise Guy

Dont take all the credit for Blair aswell geez.

9. Slam62

Soldato

Read my post please,

10. Slam62

Soldato

What is this supposed to mean?

11. Doobedoo

Wise Guy

None of above.

12. Irish_Tom

Capodecina

What does this have to do with your earlier post about people rejecting the result and trying to change the rules?

Why are you asking a bunch of random incoherent questions?

13. ubersonic

Capodecina

I really don't mean to be rude to you so appologies if this comes accross rude, it's not intention just I'm not sure how else to phrase it. But you being ignorant of something doesn't make it incorrect, The UK Referrendum Party were a political party that campaigned on behalf of a referrenudm on UK membership of the EU (hence my short description of them as UKIP before UKIP were UKIP) who siphoned votes off the Tories in the 1997 election and also severly damaged Major's campaign by forcing him to try and fight a campagin on two split fronts in an effort to appeal to right wing voters and centre left voters at the same time (obviously not possible and self defeating).

In short they turned what would have been an impresisve Labour victory into a landslide victory.

The reason I mentioned it, is that history has now come full circle and if we end up having an election before Brexit, then the BXP looks set to do the exact same thing and cripple the Tory campain/vote share, handing victory to either Labour or a LabLib coalition.

14. DarkHorizon472

Mobster

I had forgotten about that, it is a very good point.

15. Slam62

Soldato

I myself was in favour of the EU at that time, I would have seen the ukrp as a fringe party like the monster raving loony party.
    Blair had a very clear message and was pretty much promising to carry on the same policies of the previous tory government with a big emphasis on education.

16. Slam62

Soldato

How about you read it again maybe out loud, that might help you.

17. DarkHorizon472

Mobster

That’s interesting what made you change your mind from being in favour of the EU ?

18. ubersonic

Capodecina

The funniest part about that was when Major would try and appeal to the centralist voters by ripping on Blair for stealing Tory ideas, and then in the same interview/speech try and appeal to right wing voters by ripping on Blair because his ideas were dangerous to the country (despite just telling everyone that they were recycled Tory ideas) :D

19. Irish_Tom

Capodecina

You said:
    To which I replied:

You then asked:

I’m fairly confident with my reading comprehension ability (I can even read in my head ;)) but your response to my first reply makes little sense as a coherent conversation.

20. RedvGreen

Mobster

During investigations into Far Right activity last year a few little gems cropped up - namely the one to try to convince Remainers to 'respect democracy'...

"I want all of you to start telling non-Brexiters that you voted to Remain, but since then have changed your mind because you've seen the light, or respect democracy, or just feel it is the right thing to do".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.