Soldato
Isn't that a good way to nuke your tourism industry? I realise why they would introduce limits to limit accidents etc and try to stop people being idiots but it does seem a bit silly to basically tell people not to visit and spend money.

Man of Honour
OP
Isn't that a good way to nuke your tourism industry? I realise why they would introduce limits to limit accidents etc and try to stop people being idiots but it does seem a bit silly to basically tell people not to visit and spend money.

They really hate motorcycles. I can understand noise and speed limits, but I really can’t understand them applying only to motorcycles.

Soldato
The locals are annoyed about bikers dangerously overtaking cars especially caravans. I can understand even if I don't like it. Motorbikes do not being the big money to the area tbh.
Yeah, I understand why they'd do it because obviously people are being idiots and/or causing accidents and I can't blame people for being annoyed about it. I dislike that there are various roads in the UK where people seem to think it's fine to ride (and drive) as if they are on a race track...thankfully for me I'm not that close to any really so don't have to put up with idiots too much. My closest is Cheddar Gorge which is often home to absolute clowns driving, which is a shame because if driven sensibly it's still a fun road and it's a very pretty area to visit too.

Fair enough re the money aspect, I just figured if it's an area where people head to for riding then maybe accommodation, cafes etc may well benefit financially from people being there and they may then lose out on that.

Back
Top Bottom