Are you working over Christmas?

Associate
I am. :(

The way my shifts have fallen this year are day shifts 24th and 25th, night shifts on 26th and 27th. I can't really complain too much as I have New Year off and I had both Christmas and New Year off last year.

Just interested to see how many of you are in the same boat as me?

Soldato
That's quite impressive!
Its good, although it is made possible because our company uses an "annual hours" system where we work more hours than we are paid for if there is demand for it and bank those hours. At the end of the year we are either paid out those hours as OT or given them back as time off.. This year we had almost 2 weeks of banked hours!

Soldato
I always work Christmas to give my colleagues with kids the chance to spend the time with them. The holiday isn't special to me in any way shape or form other than a proper good dinner.

Soldato
I always work Christmas to give my colleagues with kids the chance to spend the time with them.

That is most kind of you. Well played.

As always in these threads at this time of year, I know we have some health workers and emergency workers on here so would like to thank you to you all seems more apt this year than ever :)

Hear hear.

Incidentally I am off from 18th Dec till 4th Jan.
But I am sure I will get some phone emergencies and what not.
I am thankful for this time off.

Soldato
I will be, if I get lucky and something really bad happens.
I ******* hate Christmas and would be quite happy about getting out to work instead. I had plans to keep myself busy in the kitchen, but Uncle Boris decided we couldn't have people over this year, so those have been scuppered.

Back
Top Bottom