Argh! Bleedin' dog (or kid)!

Soldato
Gurrr!

Went to clear the table tonight for dinner and went to pack away my 400D which the GF used this morning to take pics of the tinsel she's attached to the car... (I know, I know!) and the kit-lens on it was extended out, and I always twist it inwards before packing it away, only to find it wouldn't twist...

"Apparantly", the dog knocked it onto the floor, and the GF's kid didn't tell either of us in case he got shouted at...

So... it was either actually the dog, or it was the kid who knocked it off the table!! ;)

Luckily it appears that the end of the standard 18-55 EF-S kit lens took the brunt of the fall (weight of the 400D plus a battery grip), the camera appears to be OK.

So, erm, couple of pics then! (It is the photography section, after all!)

The picture of tinsel attached to the car (which I am going to have to drive around for the next couple of weeks) the cause of the camera being on the table:

galant-xmas-tinsel.jpg

Suspect 1:

The dog (Asbo):

Picture056.jpg

Suspect 2:

The kid (Kai):

Image033.jpg

(The car is running... he started it himself... thank heavens he can't press the pedals properly yet!!)

And finally, a 100% crop, taken with my nifty fifty... appears pretty sharp to me still, so hopefully no damage to the 400D.

400d-xmas-crop.jpg

Now I've got to get myself another lens, as I've only got the nifty fifty which fully works, and a couple of old Sigma lenses (28-70 and a 75-300) which doesn't work unless they are locked wide open (give Error 99 on the 400D otherwise)

Associate
Maybe replace it with the 18-55 IS. Gives you the same reach but with better quality. Or take it as an excuse to spend loads and get a really awesome lense ;):p

Soldato
OP
Are we not missing a suspect?

Is not the GF also known to be in the vicinity of the camera at the time of the incident?

The court would like to see a picture of the GF before passing judgement.

Andrew

I think the GF would probably kill me if I posted a picture up! ;)

I think if that was my car the tinsel would have mysteriously blown off by now ;).

It's her car - mine's having some work done so I'm using hers for a couple of days!

The 18-55 IS definitely is a possibility.

However, I did manage to get the lens back looking pretty much how it should, and it does work/focus... but I'm certainly not going to trust it to take as sharp a picture as it could (not that it was particularly sharp in the first place anyway! ;)) so I will be replacing it as soon as I can.

Back
Top Bottom