Arrrghhh - Handing car back in 3 weeks time and.....

Soldato
Car due to be returned in 3 weeks time for new motor.

Some total ignorant pillock decides to do this to my wifes car this morning!!!

I mean it's not even stuble or a small scratch............it's raking a car down the side of another one!!! How can people honestly just drive away either not knowing (unlikely) or just thinking, stuff it.

her work carpark, large NHS hospital, cameras everywhere - off to security she goes to get some footage if she can.

"sorry cameras haven't been in operation for over 6 months now" :eek::eek:

IMAG1936.jpg

IMAG1935.jpg

IMAG1934.jpg

So will end up having to get quotes for it to be fixed across both doors and both wheel arches. So bloody annoying!

Maybe cause I am a decent person/bought up decent, how could you just drive away from damaging someones property like that..........:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Caporegime
Really? Looks to me like another car has just dragged their front corner along the car whilst pulling in alongside. The wings are relatively spared so doesn't look like the OPs car hit a bollard or something similar.

Soldato
OP
What are the mechanics of making a scrape that long using another car? Find it hard to imagine how it would happen.

yeah - did make me think as well. looks like no dents in the panels so whether someone has just drove in/reversed out at the exact angle to cause the scrap etc i don't know.

She was nightshift and came out to find her car like this at 8.30am this morning and the space to that side of the car empty

Soldato
People just don't care. I've seen cars and vans smash into wing mirrors of other cars and just keep going.
A few years ago someone smashed up the front of our car whilst parked outside a school, it looked like someone with a towbar just reversed into it, caused a grands worth of damage. They just drove off.
I could never do that.

Man of Honour
Find that more and more places these days only have dummy cameras or cameras not switched on just as a deterrent.

Absolutely no way you wouldn't notice that impact, so pure scum whoever it was.

Caporegime
My wife's family are very much the quietly drive away type. My sister in law drove down a tight road and smashed off several wing mirrors - they resprayed her car the same day and took off her private plates for a while whilst it blew over.

Soldato
I had my car hit last year, about £500 worth of damage and the other driver didn't even leave a note or anything.

I had someone else scuff my car in a car park and they left a huge letter saying how bad they felt, they waited and had to drive away and with all of their details. Just because of the letter and how honest they were I decided not to bother claiming as it wasn't even that bad. Sometimes (though certainly not in the OPs case) a sorry is all I want more than anything.

Soldato
My wife's family are very much the quietly drive away type. My sister in law drove down a tight road and smashed off several wing mirrors - they resprayed her car the same day and took off her private plates for a while whilst it blew over.

They are pathetic wimps. How disgusting. Hope she's eventually caught. Doubtful though.

Soldato
Don't understand people sometimes. With that much damage and a scratch that size they must have noticed. I remember once a woman clipped my wing mirror (I as stationary) down a narrow street and just carried on driving. She proceeded to get stuck at the next junction so hadn't got very far so I confronted her. Her response was just to say she didn't notice. Pathetic.

Soldato
They are pathetic wimps. How disgusting. Hope she's eventually caught she gets a nice expensive car on finance, doesn't buy gap insurance and has it written off by someone who drives off the very next day, leaving her stuck with no car and several grand worth of shortfall to repay the finance, doubtful though.

Fixed. What a ***** :mad:

Soldato
What are the mechanics of making a scrape that long using another car? Find it hard to imagine how it would happen.

Usually a bumper so that just flexes as it contours with a varying amount of deformation along the stiffer door panel, all the while in paint to paint contact.

A good polish 'might' remove most of it. Problem is when the car is dirty and you then have a proper abrasive involed in the sandwich

Back
Top Bottom