ArthurFowler!! :@ 42 In a 30mph Zone!

Associate
I think 50 is still a little low; the only reason it's remotely a 40 in the first place is the traffic volume, which obviously at certain times is very low.

The road by air: https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=wa...ndsworth,+Greater+London,+United+Kingdom&z=17

It's a well constructed dual carriageway with very little around it. There's a few hazards to be aware of (odd set of traffic lights, short joining slip roads), but as long as you aren't blindly motoring along it's fairly reasonable to be going a decent pace. The officer obviously felt that way, too.
As I live so close I'll tell you why it's a 40. There have been several crashes at the set of traffic lights that you come to mainly because of the right filter lane. But also, as you go further down the hill the lanes get a bit thin and it's reduced to 2 lanes. There's then more traffic lights after which the limit is 50. I'm surprised you got off so lightly given the amount of crashes (including fatal) that have happened around that part of the A3.

Man of Honour
I got an SP30 for 82/83 in a 40. That said, it was a blip of speed and the road shouldn't be a 40.

Here if anybody knows it:

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=wa...=JhaZLttFdOTL6Tezeog0fg&cbp=12,227.54,,0,0.29

It was either just before, during or after that underpass.

It continually amazes me that you still have a licence. If anyone should have it shredded, it should be you.

Hampshire are actually nice enough to provide a map of all the locations that fixed cameras are located and mobile cameras operate online.

If you follow various twitter accounts, we'll even tell you where we are on the day or the night before.

Soldato
I've decided to replace my post addressing the specific points raised with a general comment - I disagree, and I've no reason to lie about anything.

Last edited:
Permabanned
I got my first NIP last month. Took a while to decide what do with it, then sent it off. Then an acknowledgement letter with photos and conditional offer. Then two days later I get a note to attend local station when I get in from work at 7pm, head out and walk up and take letters with me. Wait about for a bit and they get back take me into room and say they have to charge me with failing to respond, I say that isn't a legitimate charge I have correspondence from charging officer that shows I have responded, hence me arriving with my conditional offer.

They decided that they would have to charge me anyway and let the fiscal decide. I told them I would not accept or acknowledge any charge, this was a farse and unwarranted for them to continue their action in contradiction of evidence. I did offer that they charge me with being slow to respond, they didn't seem to like my injection of humour. He went to phone camera partnership, came back in a few minutes later saying he was confused but were happy to let me go and mark it down as a mistake. They tried to distance themself from the parternship until I pointed out it's part staffed with officers, and all correspondence thus far has been from PC's.

All smiles on the way out, but still...

/sighs

I like how that if I had not been strongly insistent that I was not getting charged for something I ain't done, they'd have just trooped on anyway.

Man of Honour
I like how that if I had not been strongly insistent that I was not getting charged for something I ain't done, they'd have just trooped on anyway.

PACE code G has also recently changed. They should have offered you the option of legal advice and you should have accepted it. As the change is new, it wouldn't surprise me to hear that you didn't get offered it.

Permabanned
PACE code G has also recently changed. They should have offered you the option of legal advice and you should have accepted it. As the change is new, it wouldn't surprise me to hear that you didn't get offered it.

Nope, I also explained as a Civil Servant I would also have Internal Governance breathing down my neck for what was clearly Police incompetence somewhere in the system.

No legal advice offered, but I don't really need it against these noobs. ;)

I could have been Cadder take II. :p

In fact, I might just refuse the conditional offer and shake the dust from my cloak..

In fairness the guy did say it was the first time he'd seen that. I just didn't like their initial plan of action much.

Last edited:
Permabanned
If I were in your position, I would have requested legal advice. Maybe that says something?

Why? It would have meant it'd take longer to get my tea on I'd already waited some 15-20 minutes. Time I can't get back.

I knew it was nonsense, I don't need a lawyer to come in and say the same thing I'm saying. If I can't appeal to their common sense what difference is a lawyer going to make? I did say if they continued I'd complain officially.

Had I been charged with something that had substance to it and a bit more serious I would have phoned my lawyer perhaps. Even if they did I would be able to prove to the Court and IG that it was baseless, an administrative error.

I'm hardly going to come to any harm either way, except one is more hassle than the other.

Man of Honour
Why? It would have meant it'd take longer to get my tea on I'd already waited some 15-20 minutes. Time I can't get back.

I knew it was nonsense, I don't need a lawyer to come in and say the same thing I'm saying. If I can't appeal to their common sense what difference is a lawyer going to make? I did say if they continued I'd complain officially.

Had I been charged with something that had substance to it and a bit more serious I would have phoned my lawyer perhaps. Even if they did I would be able to prove to the Court and IG that it was baseless, an administrative error.

I'm hardly going to come to any harm either way, except one is more hassle than the other.

Each to their own, but not what I would do.

Back
Top Bottom