Artic 7 - Asus P7P55D problems

Associate
OP
Update

After overclockers stock lying on the Coolermaster I got my Akasa replacement today which works fine. Temps now 25-30 idle 40-45 under prime95 and thats not with cleaning the old compound off.

I will not be buying a Arctic product again after this experience. The Antec took about 1 minute to install.

Thanks everyone for the help.

Soldato
Generally Arctic are good budget manufacturers, i understand you had a faulty product but that's unavoidable by any brand name every once in a while. I would give them another try when the time comes to it. Especially TIM, MX3 is not to be sniffed at... literally.

Associate
OP
Generally Arctic are good budget manufacturers, i understand you had a faulty product but that's unavoidable by any brand name every once in a while. I would give them another try when the time comes to it. Especially TIM, MX3 is not to be sniffed at... literally.

It wasn't just that the fan was faulty, the mounting was extremely tedious. That alone has put me off, whats wrong with the standard push pins? Yes push pins are not great but what Arctic has come up with is just madness.

I am sure this is a one off with this product though as I understand they have a pretty good reputation.

Overclockers did confirm that its a common fault with the fan though, not very reasurring unless you watch the fan while 24/7!

Associate
OP
GRRRr

So annoyed, overclockers are now sending me the Arctic Cooler back saying its not faulty?

Will they charge me for this? They have let me know this after they close so I cannot ring up and tell them to keep it. I do not want to be charged for it to be sent to me when its useless.

The Akasa fan works fine.

Back
Top Bottom