1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Article 13 of the EU copyright reform proposal rejected but they push ahead anyway

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by humbug, May 31, 2018.

1. humbug

Caporegime

Youtube say its consequences are "Unintended" no, its very carefully designed to give themselves a tool to shut down content creators they deem as a threat to themselves, they blame Youtube and some of its content creators for the growing anti EU sentiment, they are correct, UKIP would not have had the success they did without Youtube, much like Trump with Twitter it allowed them and the general public a direct voice to the electorate bypassing the bias, subsidised pro EU mainstream media.

2. Mr Jack

Capodecina

Gosh! Does YouTube, a company that makes enormous amounts of money by playing fast and lose with people ripping off creators oppose a law that stops them doing that? I'm shocked. Shocked I tell you.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
  3. humbug

Caporegime

If you're fact checking something or in any other way adding value / disputing another content creators narrative you need to show your audience the original material.
    I don't know but i think there is precedence for that in public law, certainly Youtube already have rules against simply ripping off anothers content as your own, and it enforces those rules.

What the EU want is to stop the use of anyother creators content under any circumstance, this, including the Article 11 Link Tax is an authoritarian move by unelected dictators immune from public will, it will shut down any opposition to them because no one will be allowed the tools to disagree with anothers narrative, this of course includes the EU its-self and the mainstream media they subsidise.

4. Mr Jack

Capodecina

You realise that the European Parliament voted on this, right? You may recall there were elections for those.

This kind of stonking display of ignorance kind of undermines your argument.

5. humbug

Caporegime

Yes and 99% of them i can't vote in or out, those enacting this law are completely unelected, they appoint eachother.

The people i can vote for voted against this, it made no difference.

6. D.P.

Caporegime

99% of thr UK MPs you can't vote in or out. In fact, 99.846% of MPs you can't vote in or out.

7. humbug

Caporegime

Well i wasn't far off. :D

BTW @Mr Jack Mrs May's vision for Brexit is to deny us even that, as her proposal currently stands we will have no say what-so-ever in any future UE policy, we will be a vassal state taking rules with have no voice in at all, not even that 1%.

How any remainer can think that is a good idea is mind boggling.

8. D.P.

Caporegime

With any luck there will be a second referendum with an option to remain within the EU. After that our MEPs would have the power to vote down such a measure.

9. humbug

Caporegime

Most of our MEP's did vote this down, it made 0 difference, the vote never goes our way because we are completely irrelevant as an elected force within the EU, we are a none entity, a nobody.

10. humbug

Caporegime

Apart from a couple of other nations with practically no say we are on our own with in the EU who wants to remain a nation state, the rest of the EU wants to be a United States of Europe, unless we leave we will get dragged into that, including fiscal union, the whole lot, one nation under that blue flag.

May's proposal will make that inevitable, we will have no say in it.

11. Herojuana

Wise Guy

Enjoy more of this sweeping legislation in the future

12. D.P.

Caporegime

No, most of our MEPs voted for it:
    https://saveyourinternet.eu/

And even if they didn't, its called Democracy.

Actually, within the EU, the UK is incredibly powerful .We will be a nobody if we leave though

13. humbug

Caporegime

I don't know what your intention was with that link but its just a petition. there is no information in it on how many or who voted what in regards to article 11/13.

As for our power in the EU, we hold 12% of the vote, and even amongst those some are blind Euro-files who vote for EU legislation just because the EU wants it.

We don't have the vote to make any difference in the EU, do you know what, that's fine, the EU is bigger than us but that doesn't mean we have to be a part of something we have no control over.

With that we exercised our vote and we won, now all we need is someone to implement that democratic will, that's not May, she is a stubborn technocratic civil servant who surrounds herself with like minded people.

14. humbug

Caporegime

Unless we get out we will lose what little sovrenty we have left to a Franco-German EU Empire.

15. Dj_Jestar

Caporegime

Wanna know how I know you didn't even read the link?

[​IMG]

Literally on the homepage.

16. BowdonUK

Wise Guy

I think ultimately this is going to cause massive business losses to social media sites. Evolution is going backwards. They should apologise and close down their businesses.

17. D.P.

Caporegime

You need to read things more carefully before spouting rubbish

18. BowdonUK

Wise Guy

I can't help but smile at the thought of Youtube now crying wolf after they were warned many years ago to 1. fight for carrier status, and 2. only directly remove things due to court orders.

If they hadnt been poking their nose in to users content and showing the government that they had that ability and was prepared to use it they would be in a much stronger position to fight article 13. But now its too late and it wouldnt surprise me if it destroys youtube as the technical burden could be too high for them.

19. azazl187

Wise Guy

Don't be silly. I just don't get why on earth people think there will be a second vote! Note I said "will" and not "should".

20. humbug

Caporegime

Youtube have their own political agenda, especially in the last two years with Trump having been elected they are using the their power to remove content in political opposition to themselves, now the EU are telling them they can shut down their political opposition too, and yes it may well kill Youtube.

Frankly i don't care, because Youtube are becoming political competitors are smelling the blood in the water and springing up, for example https://www.bitchute.com/