Aruba Instant On

Don
The instanton switches are essentially HP(e)'s officeconnect 19xx switches (which I've deployed quite a few of at work), but now offer a cloud managed UI in addition to the local web page. They are decent enough and probably on par with other SME/prosumer level kit.

I haven't personally used the access points but hpe/Aruba have been quite aggressive with pricing/marketing to compete with the likes of Unifi, so I'd certainly consider them.

Soldato
OP
That's my current thoughts too, looking at consolidating kit atm and currently got:
POE-150W
USW-Lite-16-POE
US-8
US-8-POE
UAP-FLEXHD
U6-LITE
Cloud Key G2

I'd consolidate to two switches and initially one AP.

Like anything, it's availability that's the issue.

Soldato
OP
I'm looking for the 1830 or 1930 24 Port POE switches. Originally looking at the 1830. Re the AP, I'm waiting for the AP25 as that's a new model. Been informed earliest ETA for that is July

Caporegime
The 1960 series look interesting, I'm waiting to see if there's a non-Instant On version of them appearing any time soon. I really like the Aruba CX switches but the prices are a bit much.

Don
Soldato
We had a demo switch and AP sent out for testing, I'd say it's overkill for a home install especially if your wanting a POE switch with the current pricing.

App makes setup straight forward and they don't have a habit of changing the UI every few months like Ubiquiti seem to love doing lately.

Soldato
17 week lead times for the switches now. Based on pricing of UniFi kit and what I have it’s not that bad tbh.

Ubiquiti just meh
You’ll be back with UniFi soon enough. UniFi may be a bit duff on the routing side, but there is nothing wrong with the switches or access points. By all means dump a ton of cash into something that does exactly the same thing for slightly more money and then when there is nothing to complain about and change, you’ll come back to the new U6E access points that are just peeking over the horizon.

Soldato
OP
The instanton switches are essentially HP(e)'s officeconnect 19xx switches (which I've deployed quite a few of at work), but now offer a cloud managed UI in addition to the local web page. They are decent enough and probably on par with other SME/prosumer level kit.

I haven't personally used the access points but hpe/Aruba have been quite aggressive with pricing/marketing to compete with the likes of Unifi, so I'd certainly consider them.

Might look at onprem only option as EtA for delivery is now Feb 2023 :(

Don
Might look at onprem only option as EtA for delivery is now Feb 2023 :(
Doesn't seem to matter which brand you go for Switches - it's massively hit or miss. I had an order open since July for a Cisco Small Business POE switch (40W) - chased it up at the start of the week to be told April 2023, asked if the 60W version was in stock and received it the next day :)

Soldato
OP
Doesn't seem to matter which brand you go for Switches - it's massively hit or miss. I had an order open since July for a Cisco Small Business POE switch (40W) - chased it up at the start of the week to be told April 2023, asked if the 60W version was in stock and received it the next day :)

Certainly looking at options, with a hopeful house network wiring over next few months I’m looking at
1 x 24 Port POE and prob 2 x 16 port

ryu

ryu

Associate
Had 2x 48port and 2x 24port at work the last 6 months and have been stable. There is no console port or CLI though which may be frustrating to some.

Back
Top Bottom