Asking advice before doing PSU transplant

Associate
I'm not going to bore you with the details, but over a week ago what I would call my main gaming PC suffered a major hard drive failure where it just blue screened and then wouldn't boot into windows unless I turned off SMART since it suddenly had over 500 bad sectors which made me have to bring out the dell precision t1600 to use.

Now while I could have just gotten a new hard drive and ended it at that without having to do this, I have plans for that system now which includes putting in a better GPU which is why I decided to remove most of the upgrades I'd put into it and put them into the dell which is where I'm wondering if I should stick with the included 270W or so dell PSU, or put in the EVGA 450W PSU since I'm not sure if the stock dell PSU will handle all the parts since a quickly put together list on pc part picker said that it would go over by a small margin.

Now I know that the motherboard shouldn't complain about not having a standard dell PSU since I've seen configurations that have GTX 1060s in them and the stock PSU doesn't have the connectors to power that card which is telling me that they are at least not using a stock dell PSU, it's just that I'm not sure if the PCPP information is correct in regards to the required power since they don't list dell motherboards (since they aren't generally sold directly) unless the power draw is the same across all boards.

Here's the list of components that will make up this system after the transplant (components that I'm waiting for delivery on will be underlined)

Intel Pentium G645
12GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM (2x2GB and 2x4GB)
Seagate Firecuda 1TB 3.5" SSHD
Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD
Toshiba 2TB HDD
Zotac GTX1050Ti Mini

I'm not including the included optical drive in that list since I don't think it would be necessary to do so (also, before anyone calls me out on the CPU, it is going to be upgraded in the not to distant future).

Back
Top Bottom