1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aspartame - Dangerous or not ?

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by MassiveJim, Jan 19, 2019.

1. MikeTheNative

Sgarrista

The rate of peanut allergy is estimated to be 1-3%, therefore it should be banned from human consumption.....................

2. tom_e

Man of Honour

So that's pretty much every woman in the western world whose menstruation you've sniffed then? Botox is an actual neurotoxin and yet completely safe when used as directed. You're clutching at straws, very slippery buttered straws.

3. Mercenary Keyboard Warrior

Sgarrista

Just to put it into context, the GHS data above, we ship basically everything we make with a list like that, often far longer and far more scary sounding.

And we make food flavours, mainly natural ones.

Some of our waste has to be shipped as hazardous.
    The empty pots leaving our site are often hazardous, due to material left in them.
    Its bonkers when you think about it, but its the law.

A layman will get nothing of use from one of them sheets, they are designed to give information to people that would be expected to have to deal with an uncontrolled release, which could be emergency services, medical, environmental etc, or people who will need to handle them in bulk, and need to know if they need BA, gloves etc

4. Avenged7Fold

Capodecina

It's like when everyone in the room quite clearly knows one guy is talking **** but the guy thinks he can turn it around and convince people by talking more ****. It's impressive in a weird kind of way.

5. SixTwoSix

Sgarrista

Doesn't help that the guy is selectively ignoring posts and information that point out the fallacy of his argument.

6. Avenged7Fold

Capodecina

He's like this in other SC threads. Just types in some pseudoscience comparable to 30 second shampoo adverts and when you challenge it with anything, he just switches which poster he is talking to.

Peoples efforts have been wasted since the argument that it's bad because its a chemical compound

7. SixTwoSix

Sgarrista

Noted...won't waste any more time replying to him then.

If this wasn't SC i'd be very tempted to post a certain Tropic Thunder meme.

8. 4K8KW10

Soldato

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Avenged7Fold

Capodecina

What are these adverts meant to show other than businesses are targeting simple folk who blindly follow everything they see or hear as normal?

Look at how the gluten free industry has boomed because of popular trends when the vast majority of people are neither celiacs or are even gluten sensitive.

10. krooton

Capodecina

Companies making changes to products due to terrible fake science being thrown around the internet is nothing new.

11. StriderX

Capodecina

Literally googled it and apparently Pepsi is discontinuing it, welp that was boring.

And if there is a glorious conspiracy surrounding substitute sweeteners, then it's hardly difficult to constantly create new ones with different names. Noone seems to care about the far less research Ace-K, but pfft, to hell with the experts or something.

12. Psycho Sonny

Caporegime

it gives me awful migraines - so i avoid it and i tell everyone else to as well. it cannot be good for you. i don't care if it's harmless for some it doesn't do any good. stevia is a far better sweetener to have and use but not as good as no sweetener at all

13. tom_e

Man of Honour

Bright light gives my housemate crippling migraines, we all better avoid that sun.

14. Psycho Sonny

Caporegime

comparing a man made chemical with the sun is absurd

15. tom_e

Man of Honour

Why's that then? Bearing in mind there is actual evidence that the sun gives people cancer.

16. Psycho Sonny

Caporegime

the sun also gives us vitamin and and like everything that is natural in moderation is good for you.

aspartame is a man made chemical our bodies are they way they are through evolution. introducing new man made stuff especially chemicals can make them do weird things. i just don't believe in using chemicals where there is a natural alternative like stevia.

17. krooton

Capodecina

Stevia tastes grim though, Monk Fruit, Erythritol and Allulose are all much nicer.

18. Psycho Sonny

Caporegime

i find all sweeteners do including aspartame. i use sugar and honey personally. but now all drinks including sugar varieties have started to add sweetners to get around the sugar tax. so before i used to drink sprite but they added aspartame. i now drink 7-up even though i prefer sprite because 7-up uses stevia.

19. Poneros

Mobster

There's Stevia sweetened Coke which tastes alright. Works better mixed with aspartame one tho, also feels worse sooner (in fewer consumed mls) than regular diet coke.

Stevia's awful in coffee / tea tho, prefer to do without any sweeteners there.

20. loftie

Hitman

I hated stevia when i tried it. Think the only sweetner I've really thought was ok was total sweet xylitol - though if you have too much of it it can give you the ****s apparently. On the pro side, it's good for your teeth.