Asrock ConroeXFire-eSATA2 backing plate obstructing my PS2 connectors?

Associate
Hi all,

Just put a new system together and the backing plate that came with my Asrock ConroeXFire-eSATA2 is blocking the ps2 ports. I have kind of managed to bend the metal clips back which were blocking the ps2 ports.

Anybody know if there is a proper way to bend the clips on the backing plate so they don't get in the way of the ps2 ports.

If anybody with a Asrock ConroeXFire-eSATA2 could post a picture of the back of there pc to show the backing plate it would be much appreciated.

I know it's not a major problem but it's been kind of buggin me.

Associate
I have no experience with that motherboard but I hope this helps, I found the cheap arsed I/O backplate a bit of a pain on my ASRock 939Dual-SATA2.

The metal clips for the exterior should be near enough flush with the PS2 ports, push them out a bit but not too much, once you've hooked up your keyboard and mouse they'll push back in.

If the internal clips are not fitting around properly bend them out a bit but again not too much, leave them so they still have a spring to them. Once fitted around the ports push them down again with as little force as possible.

Hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom