Asrock X399 Professional Gaming TR4 ATX

Soldato
Looking as designing a new system based on the AMD Threadripper chip. I prefer Asrock boards so this one seems like an upgraded, AMD version of my Z270 Supercarrier.

Does anyone have it? How are you getting on with it? Any issues?

Associate
They're not releasing too many BIOS updates for this board. Only one beta since Christmas and there's not too much difference. I would have bought the ASUS, but it's E-ATX. People are also reporting issues with the 10Gbps LAN, and I don't get much use out of it anyway, and it's one of the main features compared with the non-Fata1ity Taichi.

Soldato
OP
Taichi is working fine. This I did not try.

They're not releasing too many BIOS updates for this board. Only one beta since Christmas and there's not too much difference. I would have bought the ASUS, but it's E-ATX. People are also reporting issues with the 10Gbps LAN, and I don't get much use out of it anyway, and it's one of the main features compared with the non-Fata1ity Taichi.

Thanks guys.

Forgive the silly question:

If I buy an AMD TR4 socket board, will the new Thread Ripper 2 chips also work in it?

Soldato
OP
The 32 core won't overclock too far, if at all, as the VRMs dont quite cut it.

That's fine, I won't be looking to OC at all - This will essentially be used as a server, running VM's mostly as well as a few other duties. It'll be going into a RACK PC case. It'll be replacing my DELL PE 2950's which are now quite old and costly to run. I've been running a few VM's on the system in my sig, which it does fine but you can tell it was designed purely for gaming.

Associate
Back
Top Bottom