1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by CaptainRAVE, 12 Jun 2018.

1. Dirk Diggler

Capodecina

@JunglistE cheers, I'll check it out. :)

This game is a bit like Skyrim for me in the sense that I could pick it up and enjoy it no matter how long I've spent on it!

2. Junglist

Sgarrista

I'm really tempted to do a new game mode+ on there

3. Schizo

Capodecina

I was just thinking the same :)

4. starmanwarz

Wise Guy

I'm really enjoying this so far, 11 hours in, level 13. Most side missions are "go there get that" so I think I'll be skipping them. Main story is good so far.

5. Schizo

Capodecina

You will get the bug to finish everything on each island before you move on.

6. Dirk Diggler

Capodecina

Like when I spot an undiscovered leader - he's got to go! Then, in the process of taking him out I have to clear the area, and that results in the nation power being reduced and now I'm going to have to deplete it to the point of final battle.

So addictive :D

7. starmanwarz

Wise Guy

I'm halfway through and I have to say that it's getting pretty boring, does the story/missions get any better?

Also, is there a way to skip naval battles? I have to clear a blockade to continue with the main story but I really hate them.

8. bobboberts

Gangster

Hi folks, I today got a 2070 Super and was hoping this would show a marked improvement on my 970 (which benchmarked at 39fps on Very High) but when I ran it on the new card I got 37 on Ultra High and 40 on Very High. I know that the min/max will be more stable, but that's not right, surely?

I've read it's a CPU-intensive game and I only have and i5-4670K (running at stock) and 8GB of DDR3 RAM but I should be getting better than that, surely? Any clues as to what to try? I can overclock my CPU a little - it's never been a big overclocker - but I'm really disappointed and surprised that the performance.

All help welcome!

9. Junglist

Sgarrista

What resolution are you playing at?

I played at 2560x1440 with a RTX 2080 and from memory I was getting about 60-80fps with everything set to the highest it would go.

10. Dirk Diggler

Capodecina

I'm pretty sure it'll be the CPU holding the card back, do you have any diagnostic software running, like Rivatuner? It would confirm the usage percentages.

11. bobboberts

Gangster

The benchmark itself shows usage was very high, yeah. I'll try overclocking it and see how much improvement I get - but it looks like I'll need to look at a CPU upgrade sooner rather than later.

12. 'Wes

Capodecina

There's a free weekend for this now.

13. b00merang69

Perma Banned

Last edited: 19 Mar 2020
  14. Panos

Capodecina

Yeah saw on Ubi store today the Odyssey Ultimate edition for €38 and wondering if worth to get it.
    Thoughts?

And I prefer to buy it on Ubi store because having 2 layers of launchers (Steam & Uplay) to run it is daft these days.

15. b00merang69

Perma Banned

I thought PC gaming is for peasants? :p

16. Matmulder

Wise Guy

I was pretty "meh" on Origins...was decent but I grew tired of it quickly, so I thought I'd bore of this too - but I'm enjoying this much more. The combat feels *much* better, overall game seems to flow, plus the forest and greenery of Greece is much better than the repetative open deserts.

Definately going to pick this up...not sure I'll bother with anything other than the base game though for £16.

17. Mark A

Capodecina

Bought after the free weekend (damn you Gabe :mad:). Haven't played a AC game since Brotherhood as it became a bit too samey, but this seems to have mixed things up a bit and has been fun so far. I was pleased to see that you can earn achievements on Steam as well, not seen that with an Ubisoft game before.

18. silent

Wise Guy

i loved this game. and origins

19. ic1male

Caporegime

I'm playing for the second time as Kassandra now. I think the mini-games like hunting the cultists, killing the mercenaries and fighting the mythical creatures is more fun than the main game!

Lord knows what you have to do to get a solid 60fps though. I think I'm just above 1080p and it's still in the 40s during cut scenes.

20. silent

Wise Guy

whats the difference in storys, i might give it a go as casandra although i dont think ive collected everything or been everywhere as the guy yet