Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Soldato
I might start this next once I finish Mass Effect Andromeda.

I only own the base game at the moment. Are any/all of the DLCs worth getting before I start?

You don't really do the DLC until after the main story but I think it's worth it. About an extra 40 hours of play time. I think I was at about 180 hours all in all. Still bits I haven't finished

Soldato
You don't really do the DLC until after the main story but I think it's worth it. About an extra 40 hours of play time. I think I was at about 180 hours all in all. Still bits I haven't finished

Ah cool, if it's all post-game DLC then I'll just leave it for now and see if I still want more once I've gone through the main story.

I think with Origins I left it a couple of months after finishing the base game before going back into the DLCs and that worked well, so if it's the same type of set-up I'll do the same again.

Cheers.

Associate
Viking setting for longboat battles should be awesome, if odyssey boat battles anything to go by.
Not sure what the Japanese equivalents would be, but understand the commercial switch in direction by ubisoft

Soldato
Guys I need some help, please.

I've just started playing this and am getting weird glitches around water making it unplayable. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmCU3SVciro

Very similar to the video above at times paticularly during cut scenes, but it's mostly like the water and boats are jumping a few feet in the air. If you're swimming in the water you are instantly sunk and drowned with no chance of escape, it's like you're trapped. I've seen it suggested it's my GPU dying but I have no issues in any other games I play.

Have updated to latest drivers, am running a 2080ti, 9900k and 32gb of ram all at stock currently. Any ideas?

Associate

I've just started playing this and am getting weird glitches around water making it unplayable. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmCU3SVciro

Very similar to the video above at times paticularly during cut scenes, but it's mostly like the water and boats are jumping a few feet in the air. If you're swimming in the water you are instantly sunk and drowned with no chance of escape, it's like you're trapped. I've seen it suggested it's my GPU dying but I have no issues in any other games I play.

Have updated to latest drivers, am running a 2080ti, 9900k and 32gb of ram all at stock currently. Any ideas?

I have just started playing this as well. Havent particularly seen the glitches you are experiencing but I am getting stuck frames during cutscenes (The opening Leonidas scene, where the audio is moving forward but not the video) and some stuttering during running etc. But fps counter does not seem to drop. Currently running an i7-7700k, 16GB RAM and a GTX1070 on High settings and with a frame cap of 65.

Associate

That really does look like a GPU issue to me, Reset any overclocks etc? - Ah I see you're at stock...

Try underclocking it?

Caporegime
Just as a little aside, there's a programme on Channel 5 tonight at 9pm - A Greek Odyssey with Bettany Hughes - which will have some of the real locations that are in this game. She points out the Palace of Knossos in the trailer. I distinctly remember that with its red pillars.

Back
Top Bottom