Assassin's Creed: Odyssey

Soldato
Thought I'd play on hard to give myself a challenge, couldn't kill the 4 or so people that ambush you right at the start of the game so I had to put back down to normal already lol.

Soldato
Thought I'd play on hard to give myself a challenge, couldn't kill the 4 or so people that ambush you right at the start of the game so I had to put back down to normal already lol.

I'd just wait a few levels to get a couple of skills

Soldato
A bit like many action RPGs, the game gets easier as you level up and unlock more skills and better equipment.

Early game, fighting one enemy that's a level higher than you is difficult. Late game, fighting a group of enemies that are several levels above you becomes trivial.

Soldato
Starting it this weekend. I've read pretty much every review going for RDR and my initial concerns are addressed too often (feeling like a chore to play with clumsy controls and overly boring maintenance tasks) .

Oddyysey will be much better for dipping in and out.

Literally no idea what the reviews are on about, I hate those things but loving the game and don't see them at all. Each to their own I guess.

Unfortunately I was enjoying Odyssey but it has nothing on RDR now I'm into it, I'll have to come back to this in a while :p

Soldato
Literally no idea what the reviews are on about, I hate those things but loving the game and don't see them at all. Each to their own I guess.

Unfortunately I was enjoying Odyssey but it has nothing on RDR now I'm into it, I'll have to come back to this in a while :p

Another thing that I dislike is the sluggish controls. Same reason I couldn't play GTA V was like playing in treacle.

Associate
For me, this is one of the best AC games i've played. There just so. much. to. do. 44hours in 26% progress because I keep wandering off for a bit of piracy, getting obsessive about upgrading gear or see another bounty hunter and just 'have' to kill him. The skills are great too. The World is really pretty and i'm even liking the soundtrack (sticking point for me since Jesper Kyd doesn't do it anymore). I'm enjoying the combat - it feels nicely balanced for someone like me (i'm not a lost souls hardcore whatever - and playing on hard means I die occasionally (but not too much).

I'm riding around on a unicorn with rainbow feet and have a very lovely time :)

Associate
Trying to get bk in to this until RDR2 hdr is fixed. Shame as it’s really hard to get bk into a massive RPG world once you’ve come out of it into another game. This deserves it though as it is a superb game with a quality story (so far anyway).

Need to stick with AC and get bk into it like I was pre rdr2.

Soldato
It's very different though, I'm dipping in and out of each.

If I just wanna unwind, I go and enjoy the sunny vistas and relative ease of the gameplay, wander round, do the things, murder people. RDR2 is much more serious, I feel like I need to be a bit more switched on...and it doesn't lens itself as well to just dipping in, need a decent session.

Caporegime
Both are awesome games Imo, but yeah they definitely have different pacing. I managed to finish AC:O before RDR2 came out but there's still plenty for me to do, ill go back to it at some stage.

Soldato
About 40 hours in and only done chapter 4, some of the missions are very well done, particularly enjoyed Kyra's island. The number of things to do is a bit overwhelming at times, I love hunting the mercenaries but that means I've only take out about a quarter of the cultists and I haven't focused too much on the main story either. I've also got about 20 other quests from hunts to side missions to do and I think I've probably only uncovered about a third of the map!

I reckon to do everything would be ~200 hours!

Aiming for about 100 hours as by that point RDR2 should have had any important bugs sorted out :)

Soldato
About 40 hours in and only done chapter 4, some of the missions are very well done, particularly enjoyed Kyra's island. The number of things to do is a bit overwhelming at times, I love hunting the mercenaries but that means I've only take out about a quarter of the cultists and I haven't focused too much on the main story either. I've also got about 20 other quests from hunts to side missions to do and I think I've probably only uncovered about a third of the map!

I reckon to do everything would be ~200 hours!

Aiming for about 100 hours as by that point RDR2 should have had any important bugs sorted out :)

It’s probably a good thing you enjoyed doing the side stuff so much as you fall behind quite easily on lvls for the mainline quests if not much side is done.

Soldato
Yeah, I'm level 32 already but unlike Origins it looks like everything levels up with you. In some ways I'd like a way to turn that off so I could rinse through some of the older stuff but I guess it keeps the combat more interesting.

Only real gripe is that unless you use the abilities then bow/arrows have been seriously nerfed, even weak enemies need multiple headshots to take out and that makes it pretty pointless as by the time you've hit them twice they're already on their way to you.

Associate
Yeah, I'm level 32 already but unlike Origins it looks like everything levels up with you. In some ways I'd like a way to turn that off so I could rinse through some of the older stuff but I guess it keeps the combat more interesting.

Only real gripe is that unless you use the abilities then bow/arrows have been seriously nerfed, even weak enemies need multiple headshots to take out and that makes it pretty pointless as by the time you've hit them twice they're already on their way to you.

Never been an issue with any of my builds using devastating shot.... I'm running the Agamemnon's set at level 50 (Warrior & Fire burning damage & engraved with Crit Damage) along with Hades Bow, Atlantean Dagger/Mallet of Everlasting Flame and I can easily 1 shot most elites/captains/mercs and 2 shot Polemarchs/Cult Brutes with a normal arrow.

Don't even need to Spec into Hunter (apart from the Atlantean Dagger has +15% Hunter) and I am laughing at the mobs.

Shawrey

Soldato
Odd, I'll try again later but unless I use the predator shot or the 3-bar one then bows have been near useless for me. Not the end of the world as I prefer to take out as many as I can with stealth anyway but would be nice to have bows as an option.

Almost got access to one of the inner circle cult members :) A looooong way to go to take them all out!

Soldato
Have you got armour and weapons with decent Hunter buffs & engravings? Have you upgraded the Hunter damage skill as much as possible? I found the bow & arrows really effective with a decent Hunter build.

Last edited:
Associate
Odd, I'll try again later but unless I use the predator shot or the 3-bar one then bows have been near useless for me. Not the end of the world as I prefer to take out as many as I can with stealth anyway but would be nice to have bows as an option.

Almost got access to one of the inner circle cult members :) A looooong way to go to take them all out!

Sounds like you are quite early in the game? Hunter should be the most viable build as crits once properly specced can do over 1 million damage in endgame making nightmare mode 'dead' easy.

Have you got armour and weapons with decent Hunter buffs & engravings? Have you upgraded the Hunter damage skill as much as possible? I found the bow & arrows really effective with a decent Hunter build.

+1. Get all the bow damage bonuses in the ability tree are the most important thing as well as devastating shot and the ability to craft deadly arrows.

Shawrey

Soldato
Respecced a bit and having more success with bow/arrow now :)

I've done too many sidequests I think, level 48 and I'm in Chapter 6. Had a good run last night and am now arena and mercenary champion so working on taking out a few more cult members before I head back to the main storylines.

Took down the minotaur as well, quite good fun, although with him (as well as most of the legendary animals) I find that just sticking close and circling them makes the fight pretty easy. The arena fights were great fun, kicking people into pits, flame, etc.

It's certainly vying for my game of the year, so much to do, great fun and Kassandra is pretty well written and fantastically voiced. I have RDR2 waiting but I want to finish this up first and might even dip for the season pass as I feel Ubisoft have earned the extra cash on this one.

Back
Top Bottom