Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Man of Honour
I'm really not enjoying the combat compared to Odyssey and Origins. :(

I didnt at first but once I had unlocked a bunch of skills and abilities I actually prefer it to Odysseys and Origins, with the various skills unlocked I can string together some really good combos, whereas on Odyssey and Origins I always felt like I was just spamming attack

Soldato
I'm enjoying it but many of the Monastery's seem very similar to each other. I went to a new area up north and discovered I will get killed really fast, after several attempts I abandoned the area and will return when I'm better equipped and a higher level.

No real bugs apart from one CTD, I have noticed some enemy soldiers who appear to skate sideways when they run at you and at the same time try to flank you, their legs are going forwards but they are moving sideways, that's really bad and something you would expect to see on games of yesteryear

Soldato
Press down to get the action wheel up then on an Xbox controller it's x

Tbh I'm playing with absolutely no hud so I haven't seen any tutorials and don't get any hints or anything.... There's quite a lot I don't get!

Soldato
I'm really appreciating the structure of this game. I really like the way it is split in to arcs that you choose to follow. Also the way you get missions from the settlement, which is based on things you collect or people you kill etc.

I've just reached another large area that came as a bit of a surprise to me. It seems good though

Man of Honour
I'm really appreciating the structure of this game. I really like the way it is split in to arcs that you choose to follow. Also the way you get missions from the settlement, which is based on things you collect or people you kill etc.

I've just reached another large area that came as a bit of a surprise to me. It seems good though

Agreed. I really like the way the side quests are presented in the world too.

Soldato
Agreed. I really like the way the side quests are presented in the world too.

I didn't at first, I'm so used to all side quests being in a journal you go through, but now I think it is an excellent way to do them. You actually have to listen to what people say, and do it when they want you to doit, instead of leaving it in your journal and doing it years later like other games!...There are some proper fleshed out side quests too, mostly tied to the settlement so best of both worlds.

Soldato
OP

I've sank a few hours in now and can appreciate what you're talking about, and I agree.

One criticism I have at this point, and it's maybe just me, but the skills system seems a bit pointless?

The way things are shaping up, this could be my favourite AC. :)

Associate
Getting a bit tedious for me now though might also be because this is the only game I'm currently playing.

Massive storyline spoiler:
Just killed Ivarr and now in the Cent region

3 more regions to pledge to from what I can see on the map.

Soldato
So I've now pacified all of England but
still not found out who the head of the order is...

I may have to
kill all the Zealots too before that becomes apparent.

Soldato
Saw the opening credits yesterday after 16 hours! Really liking this but I was getting ****** off yesterday after I had to kill five reindeer to get my final antler!

Will gave to go back to Norway at some stage to finish off.

Back
Top Bottom