Assassin's Creed - Valhalla

Soldato
Just started. Looks nice and plays well in performance mode. Sound is horrible though. I looked into this and someone discovered the sound is really compressed (70kbps and 24k hz) and it's a common complaint.
It's really off-putting

Soldato
I've had this since release and can't play it until I finish the Odyssey DLC and side quests.

Can't bring myself to say goodbye to Kassandra.

Soldato
I've had this since release and can't play it until I finish the Odyssey DLC and side quests.

Can't bring myself to say goodbye to Kassandra.
She's awesome isn't she? I hope they go back to her in the future. Whoever did the VA for her is a class act. Male Eivor in Valhalla is also quality. I didn't go with the female character this time so not sure how good that is.

Soldato
She's awesome isn't she? I hope they go back to her in the future. Whoever did the VA for her is a class act. Male Eivor in Valhalla is also quality. I didn't go with the female character this time so not sure how good that is.

The default setting switches between the two, I guess for canonical reasons but I don't care too much about the story outside of what happens in the game really.

Soldato
Valhalla is odd in terms of what is canon, it lets you pick male/female (or let the game switch for you) but there are certain moments where the dialog/cutscenes are female-only. Sadly the female Eivor VA isn't that good so I went with male this time despite preferring Kassandra by a mile in Odyssey.

I completed all of the main story arcs and got all of the endings but couldn't be bothered mopping up everything, chasing those tattoos in particular was tedious and the cairn stones got old after 4-5. Can't complain though as got a good 80 hours of gaming time and it was enjoyable if not revolutionary :)

Soldato
Something is bugging me. When I throw a torch or fire a fire arrow I see a buff rune thing above my health and it lasts about 5s then goes. I cannot find any reference to what it is.
I can see from inventory that my bow does give a buff but that's when hitting weak points.
Went off exploring before I'd even done the second story mission (returning home) and I got wrecked by one of the lost drengr encounters.
I tried to play on pathfinder mode but I found I was ruining my immersion by constantly checking the map etc so left on default which is a good compromise.

Soldato
Loving this game! The Viking setting is very much my sort of thing, looks great on PS5. Some of the water looks stunning.
Sunk about 80 hours in so far and just got to Glowstershire, Level 210. Anyone know how far is left in terms of main missions?

Fancy going around and collecting wealth, and gear etc aswell, so much to do and it can get really overwhelming if you like to get stuff completed!!

PS: Why isn't this thread called Valhalla? :p

Soldato
105 hours and I think I am done now, completed all the arcs in Norway, England, Asgard and Jotunheim

Love Assassins Creed games, even though the whole thing is basically just a rinse and repeat process wrapped around a storyline

Fun though and it's an easy game to pickup and play, going to try Immortals Fenyx Rising next. Looks good :)

Back
Top Bottom