Assetto Corsa Competizione

Soldato
Umm need to renew the sub, it's just lapsed.

ACC has sprung back to life for me recently after swapping out SteamVR and going with the OpenXR though the G2. Applying the various optimizations such as the nvidia profile, the engine file, custom graphics config, and aforementioned openxr composite, i'm now happily running with the G2 at a pure 90 frames for the majority. To be honest i wouldn't have thought that would possible until the arrival of the NV4000, it's totally enthused my confidence in the hardware.

Absolutely try this out if you're struggling for performance in VR on a G2.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Dragged out my Playseat and G27 for this last night.

I'd done a few offline bits in the past but otherwise only had 11 hours in it so far. Was nice to just jump in and do a bit of single player although I'm only just keeping up with Easy AI :D I do have my pedals setup for iRacing though so it's tough to hit 100% braking which isn't helping as my braking zones seem much much longer than the AIs even with balance adjustment.

I was going to get into iRacing again but cannot be bothered with the cost and time commitment vs jumping into some random online races and just having fun.

I need to get my ratings up, is there any essential DLC? I really should have bought it when it was on offer a month or so back.

Associate
Dragged out my Playseat and G27 for this last night.

I'd done a few offline bits in the past but otherwise only had 11 hours in it so far. Was nice to just jump in and do a bit of single player although I'm only just keeping up with Easy AI :D I do have my pedals setup for iRacing though so it's tough to hit 100% braking which isn't helping as my braking zones seem much much longer than the AIs even with balance adjustment.

I was going to get into iRacing again but cannot be bothered with the cost and time commitment vs jumping into some random online races and just having fun.

I need to get my ratings up, is there any essential DLC? I really should have bought it when it was on offer a month or so back.
You don't need any dlc for our current events but I'd recommend getting the world challenge and intercontinental GT packs.

We have 2 single events coming up before the start of the series.

We're all about friendly racing and helping each other get up to speed so any questions just fire away on the series thread :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Dup
Soldato
With the birth of my baby girl a couple months ago, I've decided to give ACC another go. I'm not able to spend the dozens of hours a week on iRacing getting sweaty chasing 4k irating and wasting my money by not racing every week. So figured I'd get practicing in ACC again, with the goal of farming safety rating and driver rating to get into the LFM stuff online, which seems like a more relaxed way of racing online and without the stress and monetary pain of iRacing right now.

So, will be putting together a 10 round Championship Season if anyone interested, 100% AI. Would be great to get some tips from you ACC guys, I need to get better @ ACC that's very much evident after Rd1 @ Monza haha.

Soldato
Watching a few of those laps, you're losing so much time on you're exits bumping the inside of those curbs. That's the most obvious, but i think you can brake and release a little earlier around the lesmo's to carry more speed in to the apexes. Trail braking turn 1 and snapping the car across quicker on to the exit curb will gain you 0.5 too.

I don't drive the Audi myself so it's hard to compare the gearing to the M4 where holding in 5th and not short shifting 6th is advantageous. I notice you do that a lot, might be an Audi requisite, but doing that would cost you in the M4.

As for the speed of the AI, a little comparison to the good, average and bad online in publics around Monza. The very best run 1.47, the very fast 1.48, the fast 1.49, the average 1.50, the rest 1.51 and up. That's just ball parking it, myself and about 30/40% run 1.48.5 on a decent lap save 1.49 with an error thrown in.

Soldato
Watching a few of those laps, you're losing so much time on you're exits bumping the inside of those curbs. That's the most obvious, but i think you can brake and release a little earlier around the lesmo's to carry more speed in to the apexes. Trail braking turn 1 and snapping the car across quicker on to the exit curb will gain you 0.5 too.

I don't drive the Audi myself so it's hard to compare the gearing to the M4 where holding in 5th and not short shifting 6th is advantageous. I notice you do that a lot, might be an Audi requisite, but doing that would cost you in the M4.

As for the speed of the AI, a little comparison to the good, average and bad online in publics around Monza. The very best run 1.47, the very fast 1.48, the fast 1.49, the average 1.50, the rest 1.51 and up. That's just ball parking it, myself and about 30/40% run 1.48.5 on a decent lap save 1.49 with an error thrown in.
My best is a 1:53 but then again I’m using a control pad…..

Soldato

Brilliant that's some great info. Its definitely far different handling compared to iracing where I'm pretty fast overall. But getting used to how heavy ACC is in comparison is taking a while. I could prob shave a second off my time with more laps but just kinda jumped right in. And of course a proper setup would help, just used basic default one.

I think the next one is Brands.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Heads up: ACC is free to play and the DLC is on offer this weekend.

I picked up all the major DLC so I'm not missing out. Still just muddling through an "easy" single player career to build SA. Keep making mistakes and I'm certainly mid table vs the AI when it comes to speed. Just gotta keep practising I guess. I haven't sim raced for 18 months or so and that was iRacing where braking is so so different. I'm running a G27 with modded pedals so can control my input nicely but need to look up some track guides and find out where I can commit more. I'm at least consistent at my current level though.

Also raced a few public servers without incident and can hold my own. I really enjoy being able to pick up and play this compared to iRacing.

Nice driving Tony, your setup is awesome (I've said this before but needs saying again).

Soldato
Umm need to renew the sub, it's just lapsed.

ACC has sprung back to life for me recently after swapping out SteamVR and going with the OpenXR though the G2. Applying the various optimizations such as the nvidia profile, the engine file, custom graphics config, and aforementioned openxr composite, i'm now happily running with the G2 at a pure 90 frames for the majority. To be honest i wouldn't have thought that would possible until the arrival of the NV4000, it's totally enthused my confidence in the hardware.

Absolutely try this out if you're struggling for performance in VR on a G2.
Is this the guide you followed?

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Never played an Assetto game, do I go with competizione or original Assetto?

Depends what you want from it really.

ACC is more akin to iRacing but a bit more accessible and casual. It's purely based on GT cars and there's third party leagues you can get involved with. So if you wanna just jump in to race others in close races in only GT cars this is what you want. You can also the race the AI which isn't bad at all.

AC is is more mod based at this point. You can get a mod for just about any car and circuit/environment for offline & online racing but it's a bit more involved to get them set up and running. There's some really cool stuff, so if you're not bothered about hardcore racing it's the way to go.

Associate
Depends what you want from it really.

ACC is more akin to iRacing but a bit more accessible and casual. It's purely based on GT cars and there's third party leagues you can get involved with. So if you wanna just jump in to race others in close races in only GT cars this is what you want. You can also the race the AI which isn't bad at all.

AC is is more mod based at this point. You can get a mod for just about any car and circuit/environment for offline & online racing but it's a bit more involved to get them set up and running. There's some really cool stuff, so if you're not bothered about hardcore racing it's the way to go.
Cheers for the reply.

Soldato
@Matty8787 AC is a great game, elevated to incredible levels due to the phenomenal work of the modding community, delivering an outstanding amount of mods for just about anything out there. For the low price you can find the base game, any racing/car enthusiast would really be silly to miss such a great game, I highly recommend it and have many modding videos and tutorials on my channel if you want to get into it.

ACC on the other hand is a much smaller game in comparison with it's scope of just delivering on GT3 and GT4 content, but my god does it deliver. I'm only just really getting into now, which was kinda forced onto me due to trying to save money by cutting back on my iRacing sub and setup subs. I've actually been very surprised by how good it is now and currently playing through to try and build up my safety rating to enter the LFM (Low Fuel Motorsport) servers as essentially it's an iRacing structure but without the costs. I would really encourage you to try out both, but maybe the original AC with all the mods would be the most sensible money wise. I guess it's what ever fits your needs, but both will not disappoint what ever you opt for.

Talking of which, I think I'm finally picking up the heavier handling of ACC, had my most enjoyable race to date, ACC is really making me smile now when racing. Safety Rating is at 74 now, so just 6 more points needed to enter the LFM and get my license.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Just finished watching that Tony, great race.

ACC is much less stressful than iRacing, especially when you pay so much for iRacing. ACC is much friendlier to pick up and play, plus the visuals and sounds really immerse you.

They're working on a follow up to AC for 2024. (I thought it was ACC but I'm wrong). I wonder if it'll converge with ACC with the ELO system for online servers.

Soldato
Just finished watching that Tony, great race.

ACC is much less stressful than iRacing, especially when you pay so much for iRacing. ACC is much friendlier to pick up and play, plus the visuals and sounds really immerse you.

They're working on a follow up to AC for 2024. (I thought it was ACC but I'm wrong). I wonder if it'll converge with ACC with the ELO system for online servers.
Ta Dup, when sim racing delivers it really brings a smile to my face.

And yeah, iRacing is very sweaty at times, I built my iRating up to just shy of 4k but its getting increasingly difficult now to devote so much time practicing and racing to be completive with my baby girl born just a few months ago. I'm looking for something a lot less stressful and also without a subscription to save a bit of cash, I'm putting my faith in LFM to give me that racing buzz when I get an hour two free here and there. I don't wanna be a sweaty try hard, just want to enjoy that very limited seat time I'm hoping to get a few times a week.

I'm very interested in what they do with AC2. What I'm hoping for is a Gran Turismo type game, with the huge amounts of incredible content that's been done by the community for AC1, to then have all that with stunning shiny visuals then add in a iracing/LFM structure for online racing.....that game would make an absolute killing on PC.

Soldato
@Matty8787 AC is a great game, elevated to incredible levels due to the phenomenal work of the modding community, delivering an outstanding amount of mods for just about anything out there. For the low price you can find the base game, any racing/car enthusiast would really be silly to miss such a great game, I highly recommend it and have many modding videos and tutorials on my channel if you want to get into it.

ACC on the other hand is a much smaller game in comparison with it's scope of just delivering on GT3 and GT4 content, but my god does it deliver. I'm only just really getting into now, which was kinda forced onto me due to trying to save money by cutting back on my iRacing sub and setup subs. I've actually been very surprised by how good it is now and currently playing through to try and build up my safety rating to enter the LFM (Low Fuel Motorsport) servers as essentially it's an iRacing structure but without the costs. I would really encourage you to try out both, but maybe the original AC with all the mods would be the most sensible money wise. I guess it's what ever fits your needs, but both will not disappoint what ever you opt for.

Talking of which, I think I'm finally picking up the heavier handling of ACC, had my most enjoyable race to date, ACC is really making me smile now when racing. Safety Rating is at 74 now, so just 6 more points needed to enter the LFM and get my license.

ACC is such a ******* amazing game.
I am only playing on a control pad at the moment but its soo damm good.

Soldato
Ta Dup, when sim racing delivers it really brings a smile to my face.

And yeah, iRacing is very sweaty at times, I built my iRating up to just shy of 4k but its getting increasingly difficult now to devote so much time practicing and racing to be completive with my baby girl born just a few months ago. I'm looking for something a lot less stressful and also without a subscription to save a bit of cash, I'm putting my faith in LFM to give me that racing buzz when I get an hour two free here and there. I don't wanna be a sweaty try hard, just want to enjoy that very limited seat time I'm hoping to get a few times a week.

I'm very interested in what they do with AC2. What I'm hoping for is a Gran Turismo type game, with the huge amounts of incredible content that's been done by the community for AC1, to then have all that with stunning shiny visuals then add in a iracing/LFM structure for online racing.....that game would make an absolute killing on PC.
No need to wait for AC2 for a Gran turismo type game:

Back
Top Bottom