Assetto Corsa OcUK TT Challenge! *Season 3*

Soldato
Oh nice, I wonder how this track compares to Codemasters F1 games. I enjoy the track on the F1 games using a controller. never used a wheel on them before.

Very interested to try the 911 as well. I'm leaving that Ferrari to try at the weekend because I know that will be mental. Shame I'm back at work as of tomorrow :(

I've got everything downloaded and installed I think. The GTR has 3 versions ? I've just stuck 1 in a folder and it seems to register under the car list so fingers crossed it's ok.

The game server will only let you use the right one so nothing to worry about there.

The F1 car is unbelievable to be honest. My lap times are limited by me not being able to keep up with the car I think. It's something else to drive though, it's got so much grip!

Soldato
The Porsche is fun to drive though you really need to keep it smooth as any sudden changes and it's off - easy enough to catch though but drifting isn't the fastest way round a track :D I agree about the Ferrari, it's so damn fast! The ffb seems a bit too light at low speed but maybe that's how they really are. I'm also remembering why I find high aero cars so frustrating - all the braking at high speed until you slow down a little and turn your tyres in to 50p coins. I've yet to try the Nissan out but that will have to wait until tomorrow.

Soldato
The Porsche is fun to drive though you really need to keep it smooth as any sudden changes and it's off - easy enough to catch though but drifting isn't the fastest way round a track :D I agree about the Ferrari, it's so damn fast! The ffb seems a bit too light at low speed but maybe that's how they really are. I'm also remembering why I find high aero cars so frustrating - all the braking at high speed until you slow down a little and turn your tyres in to 50p coins. I've yet to try the Nissan out but that will have to wait until tomorrow.

The Porsche is a nervous wreck, surprise it with the throttle pedal and it does not like it!

There's definitely a learning curve to the braking in the F1 car, especially coming from the R8 in the last one where I could mash the brake pedal and let ABS do the work.

Associate
Thanks for the welcome and hosting Uncle Petey - id like to say i enjoyed the last one but at the end i think that would be a lie :) damn mazda.. Dont usually drive f1 cars so this will be an interesting test, probably wont be able to get on til tomorrow evening though.

Associate
Yes I thought I would start with the slippiest car, i would imagine quite jarring to go from a planted F1 car to a wobbly bowel of jelly like the Porsche

Soldato
OP
Just in case anyone's finding the track a bit tricky with the car selection, I've added a Lotus 3-Eleven to the server.

It's fast and lively, but you can dial in the TC to make it a fun and fairly easy car to drive.

Associate
Just in case anyone's finding the track a bit tricky with the car selection, I've added a Lotus 3-Eleven to the server.

It's fast and lively, but you can dial in the TC to make it a fun and fairly easy car to drive.

big fan of a Lotus so be interesting to try this, the exige s3 feels great

Soldato
I was on earlier in the GT-R. Really enjoying that actually, although my heavy right foot tends to mess up my laps so It's really good to have a car to really learn patience with. I honestly feel like I'm learning how to drive as stupid as that might sound. Still slow as heck mind you !

Those F1 cars look ridiculous when you follow them up to turn 1 then they just disappear. Reminds me of remote control cars in the way they change direction.

Soldato
OP
My apologies, but I made a whoopsie with the GT-R.

I gave you an improperly updated version of the car. The proper one has massively different physics/FFB, and drives more like you'd expect it to, which = faster laps.
You can fix this without downloading anything by doing the following in Content Manager:

Navigate to the JT5 2016 Shiro in your car selection menu and right click it (it's the first one in the list), then click 'open car in content tab' and close the car select window.
At the bottom of the screen, press the button labelled 'pack data' and let it overwrite the old one.

Done.

Soldato
My apologies, but I made a whoopsie with the GT-R.

I gave you an improperly updated version of the car. The proper one has massively different physics/FFB, and drives more like you'd expect it to, which = faster laps.
You can fix this without downloading anything by doing the following in Content Manager:

Navigate to the JT5 2016 Shiro in your car selection menu and right click it (it's the first one in the list), then click 'open car in content tab' and close the car select window.
At the bottom of the screen, press the button labelled 'pack data' and let it overwrite the old one.

Done.
Doing this just opens a file window for me to select something from the car folder: \steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\urd_jt5_2016_shiro_r1

Back
Top Bottom